Having problems editing existing transactions

Options
LMillsap1
LMillsap1 Member ✭✭

I recently updated to Quicken R53.16 on my Windows 10 laptop. I have been having a lot of trouble editing existing transactions in a investment account. When I click on a reconciled transaction to change the Description, the Edit button on the transaction doesn't respond (Delete and Enter respond ok). If I change the Description directly from the 2-line record, when it gets saved, the Clr field switches from R to C. When I go back in to change the Clr back to R, I have great difficulty getting the Clr field to respond (no dropdown with Clr choices). After many different attempts, it will eventually let me change is and save it, but then I end up with duplicate transactions. Any idea on what is going on?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @LMillsap1,

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you please clarify if this issue started after you updated your Quicken to R53.16, or if it's been going on longer than that? Is this happening in only one investment account, or is this affecting multiple accounts?

If you haven't done so already, to check for file specific issues, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.