System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

AmEx accounts won't "re-connnect" to online services

Comments

• battagja
    battagja Member ✭✭
    Options

Cannot download from AmEx or Chase credit cards. Support told me to start new data file. When recover from a year old backup or a year old copy of a data file the file conversion causes errors in the data. These issues started after 11/13/2023. Multiple support calls unsuccessful in using copies or backups.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @battagja,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? What happens when you try to update those accounts? Do you get any error messages or error codes? If not, then what does happen? Are you getting the same behavior in the copies and restored backups that Support had you create? If not, what is happening in those files?

What kind of file conversion errors are you seeing when going back to the year old backup?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• battagja
    battagja Member ✭✭
    Options

Lou solved the issue. See below

LouBorella Member ✭ November 27

After much reading and frustration I think I found the issue.
    Noticed that most of the accounts that were not downloading transactions were Credit Cards.
    Also noticed that these were all categorized as "business" accounts.
    After much failed troubleshooting (including all of the suggestions by Quicken support) here is what worked.
    I turned off the "Online Services."
    I then switched the category of the accounts to "Personal".
    I then reactivated the "Online Services"
    BINGO … Problem solved …

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved!

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.