Why is Quicken asking me to sign in when I want to access my password vault?

Options

Normally when I click on one step update the "Enter Vault Password" box comes up and I enter my password an off I go. Lately Quicken is asking me for my Quicken account ID and Password BEFORE it will let me enter my vault password. How come?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for following up and providing additional details.

To try and resolve this, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up dialog may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @Bobbo,

For clarification; is the sign-in prompt you receive a pop-up box?

Check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja

• Bobbo
    Bobbo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes it is, and I cannot ignore it and go to my Vault. If I close it, it just comes back up. The only way I can get to my Vault is to sign in, or, to close Quicken via Task Manager and reopen it. When I do that, the sign-in prompt does not pop up. Seems to happen sporadically, not every time I use Quicken.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for following up and providing additional details.

To try and resolve this, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up dialog may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• bob@9
    bob@9 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've done this and I reset on cloud data and turned off cloud sync. I still get prompted every time for my quicken ID.

• Lloyd Young
    Lloyd Young Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I am having the same issue. Have followed the instructions provided by Anja and pop up box still occurs occassionally (not all the time).

This discussion has been closed.