R53.16 -"Quicken cannot complete your request ..." ATTACHMENT not found - (edit)

Options
Jason Terry
Jason Terry Member ✭✭

My quicken updated today I am now on R53.16 Build 27.1.53.16. After entering a transaction and attaching a jpeg file and save it. when going back to the transaction I get the following.

"Quicken cannot complete your request because the specified file could not be found."

I had this happen on several transactions I entered today but not all. If click okay on the error and attach again and save it will attach the file. but every time I click on the attachment I get the error click okay then can see the second attachment I attached.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jason Terry,

To troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide more information? Are you getting this error when trying to attach a file saved on your computer, on removable media, or directly from the scanner? Is there anything the attachments that throw that error all have in common (for instance, is it always the first attachment you try to attach, or is it attaching files from one specific location tends to cause the error, etc)?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jason Terry
    Jason Terry Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry for the Delayed Response. After I attach the file and save the transaction. I am attaching a file from my computer. I have noticed that so far it only does it with jpeg files and not pdf. Also it does not do it all the time. If it do get the error I can attach it again. Then when click on the attachment I get the error but then it will show the second one I attached. I always attach them from the same location as my scanner automatically saves them to a directory on my computer.

• Jason Terry
    Jason Terry Member ✭✭
    Options

nevermind just did it with a pdf file.

• Jason Terry
    Jason Terry Member ✭✭
    Options

I have found a pattern. If I attach the file before I save the transaction it will cause the issue. If I attach the file after I save the transaction It will not do it. Feels like it is related to my other issue

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Littlebuddy
    Littlebuddy Member ✭✭
    Options

Did anyone get this resolved? I am having the same isasue. My new attachments are fine but all my past years attachments give me the same message "Quicken cannot complete your request because the specified file could not be found" …HELP

This discussion has been closed.