Find & Find/Replace Bug - Searching "Any Field" Returns Erroneous Results

Options
jko
jko Member

Quicken Business and Personal R53.16

If I use Edit/Find/"Any Field"/"Contains"/"Find All" and search for a string containing a digit (for example A2AAA), it returns hundreds of unrelated transactions instead of only those containing the search string. This occurs even if the search string appears nowhere in the file.

However, if I use Edit/Find/"Tag"/"Contains"/"Find All" and search for the same string, the correct results are returned.

Since the string could be in any field, having to search each field individually is not workable.

The same happens with Edit/Find/Replace.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jko,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? When did you first notice this issue? Does Quicken essentially ignore the letters and search just for that number? For instance, in the example you gave, does Quicken ignore the "A"s and just pull up transactions with a "2" in them?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Back in June 2023, I reproduced this problem in Quicken releases as early as R47.11; I believe it is a bug. I thought I reported it to Quicken (using Help > Report a problem), but I can't recall for certain.

In my tests; when the text-to-find contained alphabetic characters and a numeric digit, Quicken "found" all transactions that contained that single numeric digit ... basically ignoring the alpha characters in the text-to-find.

When I last tested (several months/releases ago); as a work-around, I found that keying the text-to-find in the Search box in the "All Transactions" pseudo-register accurately found the qualified transactions, and only the qualified transactions.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thank you for the additional information @mshiggins,

I was able to replicate the issue, and since I don't see a ticket already open for it, I have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated.

I apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-8252)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.