Why can't the new ACH Backup System just replace Quick Pay instead of backing it up.

Options

It should also be able to be used to replace Check Pay for many Billers. If ACH was used, as I believe it was in the old Intuit Bill Pay, there would be no need for Quicken to contact our Billers to determine the amount to be paid. This would be our responsibility, as it was in the Bill Pay System. I believe the third party insertion of Quicken between the customers and their Billers to determine the amounts to be paid is the main problem with the Bill Manager System.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

They should have at least made it the "primary" instead of a backup after a failure.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I have completely moved away from Quicken Bill pay process even though it was convenient to use primarily due to payments failing without notification and then having to end up scrambling to get them paid by other means as well as paying late fees when charged.

I looked forward the ACH method being implemented but as I read the terms and conditions of this, I stopped short of enrolling.

"If you access Third-Party Products or Services from within Quicken Bill Manager, you grant us permission to store your credentials for the Third-Party Products and Services, and you expressly appoint us as your attorney-in-fact and agent with limited power of attorney and with all necessary rights to use your credentials on your behalf and to collect, send, receive, retrieve, process, store, and create new content and other information from these Products and Services solely in connection with carrying out the Quicken Bill Manager services."

For now, I'll continue using my banks to do bill payments (these have yet to fail being paid on time) and auto ACH transactions where it makes sense.

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"If you access Third-Party Products or Services from within Quicken Bill Manager, you grant us permission to store your credentials for the Third-Party Products and Services, and you expressly appoint us as your attorney-in-fact and agent with limited power of attorney and with all necessary rights to use your credentials on your behalf and to collect, send, receive, retrieve, process, store, and create new content and other information from these Products and Services solely in connection with carrying out the Quicken Bill Manager services."

This is absolutely necessary in order for Quicken's Bill Manager services (i.e., Check Pay, Quick Pay, ACH Pay, statements downloading, etc.) to work. Those who are not comfortable with these terms should not be using Quicken Bill Manager.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.