CC-800 Errors

Options
Jay Gourley
Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭

For more than a week every One-Step Update has returned a cc-800 error for Synchrony Bank where I have two credit card accounts, Amazon and Lowes. Despite the errors, new transaction appear as they should in the register from the One-Step Updates. I repeat: The errors occur on every One-Step Update. So the transactions that come through are coming through on synchronizations that return the failure errors. I've tried disconnecting both credit cards and then reconnecting them to no effect. Still, every update produces the error report. The error reports are a problem, even though the transactions are synchronizing, because I have no way of knowing if there really is a problem. What should I do?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jay Gourley,

To troubleshoot this issue, first, please check for any hidden accounts that are still trying to connect. To do this, go to Tools>Account List. If you have hidden accounts, there will be a checkbox near the lower left that will allow you to display them.

If an account thinks it's connected, then you will see the word "yes" in the Transaction Download column.

Check for any accounts that think they're connected, but are inactive or closed on the financial institution side. If you find any, then make sure to backup your Quicken file, then deactivate those accounts. Once you have deactivated any accounts that shouldn't be trying to connect, test to see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    Options

No accounts that think they are connected and aren't.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I would recommend following this process next, in case the issue is being caused by outdated information being cached or stored in the Quicken cloud:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate the accounts affected by this issue.
    3. Go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web and click the Reset your cloud data link. (Note: if you do not see that link, then you have Sync turned off. You would need to turn Sync on, click OK, then go back to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web and click the Reset your cloud data link. Once the cloud reset completes, you can turn Sync back off again.)
    4. Once the cloud reset completes, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts and click the Sign in as a different user link.
    5. When the confirmation box comes up, you will need to type "yes", then click the Sign Out button.
    6. Once Quicken finishes logging you out, it will bring you back to the login screen.
    7. Before logging back in, close the Quicken program and leave it closed for at least 5 seconds.
    8. Reopen the program and login.
    9. Once Quicken finishes logging you in and brings your file back up, reconnect your accounts by going to Tools>Add Account and following the prompts.
    10. Carefully re-link your accounts to the correct nicknames in Quicken.
    11. Once everything is reconnected and correctly linked, run One Step Update and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how it goes.

Quicken Kristina

• Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Does the cloud reset procedure upload data to the cloud?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

In short, yes, it does.

The longer answer is that a cloud reset removes your information from the cloud then re-uploads it. If you were already syncing with the cloud, it won't upload any information that wasn't already being synced.

If you were not already syncing with the cloud, you can minimize what it uploads by making sure all of your accounts are unselected. When you turn sync on, you will see a blue link that tells you how many of your accounts will be synced. You can click that link to select or unselect accounts.

You can manually check/uncheck the boxes or you can use the Select: All / None option at the bottom to check or uncheck all accounts at once.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

When I saw the long list of steps involved in correcting this problem (which was created by a cloud service I never asked for and don't want), I knew it was going to be an ordeal. I thought I would have to waste two hours going through all of these steps just to find out they wouldn't work. But I got lucky. The procedures failed on the third step. Actually, the instructions failed before the first step. They didn't say to enable Sync, but I figured that omission out for myself. You have to turn it on in order for the "Reset your cloud data" link to appear. But when I got the link to appear, nothing happened when I clicked on it. In the process of wasting this short amount of time, I think I discovered that Quicken automatically enables cloud sync without informing the user when he disconnects and reconnects an account for online updates. Seems a little underhanded to do that without the user's consent.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

As stated in Step 3 of my post from the 24th: Go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web and click the Reset your cloud data link. (Note: if you do not see that link, then you have Sync turned off. You would need to turn Sync on, click OK, then go back to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web and click the Reset your cloud data link. Once the cloud reset completes, you can turn Sync back off again.)

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks again, Kristina. Yes, the link appeared when I enabled sync. But as I said, nothing happened when I clicked on the "Reset your cloud data" link. I am not sure why. But since this was only the third of many steps, I decided it would be prudent not to experiment in order to get to the next step. The reason nothing happened when I clicked on "Reset your cloud data" may have been that there were "0 of 45 eligible accounts enabled," as you can see from the image posted; but as I said, I didn't experiment to find out.

Earlier today, I called tech support. It turned out to be an unlucky decision. As readers of this thread know, I had a cc800 error on one online account. The troubleshooting was interrupted by a cc501 error on that account. The representative explained that there was nothing more to do other than wait for that cc501 error to go away. Then after the call, I discovered that all my web-connect accounts had cc800 errors. So I spent the rest of the day reauthorizing each of those other accounts in order to get my files back to the point where only the Synchrony accounts were showing the cc800 error. Afterward, I called back to tech support and repeated many of the earlier steps. In the end, that call was escalated to tier 2 support. I now await callback with some hope for a solution and fear that reaching it will consume more days of my life. So far, I've only wasted about one full workday on this.

• Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Reply to Quicken Kristina: The procedure in your Nov. 24 post had no effect on the cc-800 problem that started this thread..

I went through all of the steps as written this evening. The only one that was incomplete was step no. 3. I believe you have to have an eligible account enabled. At least when I tried the steps as specified nothing happened when I clicked on "Reset your cloud data" until I went into "0 of 45 eligible accounts enabled" and enabled an account. After I did that, I was able to reset the cloud data. The reset took a long time and I got a message at the end saying it was successful. The rest of the steps proceeded as you posted them. After completing them and running a One-Step Update a few times, I got the same cc-800 error that began this thread on every One-Step Update.

I'll post a separate update to the information I posted here regarding the tech support effort to resolve this.

(Note this is not the same issue as the Oct. 2 "cc-800 errors" thread that was resolved today. That issue dealt with Bank of America. This issue deals with Synchrony Bank.)

• Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Regarding Quicken tech support effort to resolve this, my Nov. 28 post may have been incorrect where I said the issue had been escalated to tier 2. Since then, I've gotten conflicting information from Quicken support. I'll try to update this once I can get consistent answers.

The tech I originally talked to on ticket no. 10626282 created Nov. 28 said he was escalating the case to tier 2 and that I would hear back in a few days.

Then on Nov. 30, I received an email saying that ticket number had been closed.

I called tech support to inquire and was told that it was closed pursuant to the escalation to tier 2 where a tier 2 ticket number 106406419 had been opened to address the issue.

Then today Dec. 2, I chatted with tech support to ask about the status. The anonymous tech support on Quicken support chat assured me that the original ticket 10626282 was still open and that the case had never been escalated. I even uploaded a screenshot of the message from Quicken saying the original ticket number had been closed and explained to him that what he was telling me contradicted the message and what two other Quicken support folks had said earlier. But he was adamant, repeating three times that there was no escalation and that the original ticket was open.

I'll try to call Quicken support on Monday and update this thread then.

(Note this is not the same issue as the Oct. 2 "cc-800 errors" thread that was resolved today. That issue dealt with Bank of America. This issue deals with Synchrony Bank.)

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm sorry to hear that clearing the cache and resetting the cloud did not resolve the issue. That may mean that the issue is file specific.

I reviewed your recent interactions with Support. What the chat agent told you is correct.

I sent you a DM. Please check your inbox.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• GRTBob
    GRTBob Member ✭✭
    Options

I followed the instructions above perfectly. I decided not to resync to the cloud afterwards. Data was good for a week. Resynced to the cloud, and errors started showing up again. I am wondering if resetting cloud data does not actually reset all the data.

• Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi, GRTBob. How large is your data file? After hours trying things that didn't work, Quicken tech support had me copy my data file to a new smaller file (from 206MB to 150MB) that eliminated transactions from many years ago. Unfortunately, that severed all online links. Tech support said that what's supposed to happen when you copy your data file. So all my accounts had to be reregistered. That took another 10 hours. But the errors have now been gone for a while now. Unlike you, I never sync my data to the cloud.

• GRTBob
    GRTBob Member ✭✭
    Options

Jay,

Thank you for the potential solution. I will try this solution. I appreciate your input. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.