Constantly Reconnecting Accounts

Options
Tungue
Tungue Member ✭✭

Is there any encountering the situation where randomly accounts stop downloading transactions? In order to correct the issue, you need to go through the reconnect procedures?

This seems to occur with Wells Fargo, Fifth Third, and Capital One accounts. It does not happen to all the accounts at one time. One week it will be a problem with one bank, then the next week it will be a problem with another bank.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Tungue,

To troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide more information? When did this issue first start? How frequently does this happen? Do you get any error messages/error codes when the account(s) stop downloading?

The first thing I'd recommend checking for is to see if you have any accounts that are closed/inactive on the financial institution side, but still trying to connect in Quicken (since this can cause download issues). To do that, go to Tools>Account List. Near the lower left of the account list, you should see an option to show hidden accounts (if you have any; if you don't have hidden accounts, the option will not be visible). Select that option, if available.

To tell if an account is connected, look in the Transaction Download column. If it says "yes" in that column, then Quicken thinks that account is connected.

If you see any accounts that are connected, but shouldn't be, then please backup your Quicken file and deactivate those accounts. Once that is done, test to see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tungue
    Tungue Member ✭✭
    Options

When this occurs, I do not receive any errors. I recently deleted some old wells fargo accounts last week. I will monitor to see if that resolves the issue.

This does also occur with my Capital One accounts. I do not have any closed Capital One accounts. Again, I do not receive any errors. I just will notice that transactions have now downloaded.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Is any financial institution currently failing to download, or is everything downloading for now? When I checked on the server side, I was seeing some account not found errors with Citibank. Have you had any issues with Citibank accounts not updating?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• Tungue
    Tungue Member ✭✭
    Options

At this moment, one of my Wells Fargo accounts have not updated since the 21st. I am not receiving any error. Quicken seems to complete the update successfully. The transactions just have not downloaded from Wells Fargo.

I am not receiving any errors with Citibank, but I have not any transactions since the 14th that would require downloading.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Is the problem account connected by Express Web Connect (EWC), Express Web Connect+ (EWC+), or Direct Connect? You can check this by going to Tools>Account List, clicking the Edit button next to the account, then clicking on the Online Services tab.

What kind of account is it (checking, savings, credit, business)? Is the problem account under the same User ID with Wells Fargo as the ones that are downloading properly? When you have issues with Wells Fargo not downloading, is it always this account that stops downloading, or do other Wells Fargo accounts also stop downloading sometimes? If you haven't done so already, I would recommend following the troubleshooting in this article on when transactions are missing or not downloading.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Tungue
    Tungue Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello. My Wells Fargo accounts use Express Web Connect. I have checking, savings, and credit card accounts at Wells Fargo that are affected.

My Capital One accounts use Express Web Connect+. I have credit cards at Capital One that are affected.

I use one set of login credentials for Wells Fargo and one set for Capital One.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Considering the scope of this issue (multiple financial institutions and multiple account types), let's try refreshing your registration token. To do this, you would need to backup your file, then logout of Quicken and back into Quicken again.

To logout of Quicken, please go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Then, click on the blue Sign in as a different user link.

It will bring up a confirmation window. Type "yes", then click the Sign Out button.

Once Quicken finishes logging you out, it will bring you back to the login screen. Login and check to see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• Tungue
    Tungue Member ✭✭
    Options

I just now completed those steps. I will monitor my files and will report back if the issue arises again in the next week or two,

This discussion has been closed.