Quicken Removed all my Paycheck Splits for 20 years

Options
DadRay
DadRay Member

Why has quicken removed all my paycheck splits? 20 years worth of data gone. I've never used any outside Paycheck importer. Just memorized transactions and updating the splits for each paycheck…for 20 years. This is probably going to be the last straw if they can't fix their issues Quicken and everything associated with it has gone downhill.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @DadRay,

To answer your question, when data goes missing or gets changed, that usually indicates that either an incorrect Quicken file was opened or there are issues with the data file. Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

Please be aware that we do not recommend having your main Quicken file on a shared drive or synced with a cloud service because that can cause problems (Quicken files aren't designed to be accessed by more than 1 user/device at a time). It is okay to have backups synced, but if you restore one to use as your main file, please be sure to move it so it is directly on the C drive and not synced to any cloud service.

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

If you somehow ended up in an incorrect Quicken file, you should be able to open the correct file and your data would be there. If you are in the correct file, then you would need to restore a backup from before the issue started to recover the missing data.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

there was an issue awhile ago with Splits - do you have a Quicken Backup you can Restore ?

What version are you running…. Help —> About Quicken

here is an example from 2022

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.