New Renaming Stopped Working

Options

It's unclear when it began, possibly when changing to the subscription model of Quicken from the previous purchases, new transactions won't save a name when I want them to. I have a monthly recurring transaction with the same name each time. I've "Memorized" it several times, I've created a rule for it and each time it downloads it, the name is never updated from what was downloaded from the bank. I've validated, I've super-validated. Nothing changes. There's certain transactions that Quicken will identify and offer to change and there's no problem with those. However I have no control of when that happens.

Do I have to reset anything? Restart anything? Flush anything out?
Thanks in advance

System Specs:
Quicken Windows Version 27.1.53.16
Windows 10
Chase

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

After creating the Renaming Rule, did you change how it makes the comparison?

You are not given this choice when it is created, but you can edit the rule and change to the "If payee contains" choice which works for me 100% of the time.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you use a Scheduled Reminder for this monthly recurring transaction in Quicken?
    If so, and if you recorded this reminder into the register BEFORE the due date and before you download transaction confirmations from the bank, you would have a correctly named and categorized register transaction every time. When the downloaded transaction arrives, all Quicken has to do is to match the downloaded data with the already existing register transaction and you're done. Doesn't even need renaming rules.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just want to note that "Memorize" is for the payee to be put on the Memorized Payee list with that category (and you should make sure that you only have one of these entries per payee, so that Quicken knows what category you want). But it has nothing to do with renaming the downloaded payee. For that you need to be looking at the renaming rules which might have been created automatically for you if you have that option on, which adds a renaming rule if you change the payee name. But it is best to check the renaming rules directly and like @splasher said it is also important to change it from the default which uses the Quicken server to guess at the right name to "if payee name contains" which will match text in both the payee and memo fields.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.