Scheduled Updates - Can't turn it off

Options
Doug Dubowski
Doug Dubowski Member ✭✭

I continue to have issues with Scheduled updates running in the background, preventing access to my Quicken account. The update gets hung up - I can't access my account for hours. The only way to get around the hung up process is to re-start my computer, which is simply annoying.

I tried to remove all scheduled updates, but Quicken demands I set at least one day and time when I try to update the Scheduled Update settings so there are no scheduled updates. Have set it now to only update once a week, but do a manual update daily.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Doug Dubowski,

Please check to make sure the 4 checkboxes on the left-hand side of the Scheduled Updates settings screen are unchecked (see screenshot below).

If any of these boxes are checked, it will require you to select at least 1 day of the week to be selected as well. If they are all unchecked, it should allow you to click OK without any weekdays checked.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Using Windows Task Manager check to see if there's a task named bagent (or bagent.exe) running.
    Terminate it using Task Manager "End Task" button.

Also please see my comment in this recent discussion:

• Doug Dubowski
    Options

Tried Quicken Anja's tip on deselecting online services and institutions' check boxes. Still got a note to select a day for the update to run.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for following up.

Next, , I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.