Download Issues with Chase Bank

Options
2»

Comments

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 3
    Options

@OldTimeQuser Are your Chase cards showing up under business in Quicken? If you can get it to personal, it should work as @Flux pointed out. It seems like something happened in Nov that broke Chase credit cards under business. I played with deactivating and clicking on delete account(but not typing in the yes and proceding). Hope this helps.

And hopefully the Quicken team is seeing this and find out why Chase cards under business is failing. I do agree with @OldTimeQuser assessment. I went back to my 2021 file and saw that my Chase card that stopped downloading was under business. So everything worked fine until Nov.

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    edited January 3
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine @Quicken Kristina could you please report this issue as a bug? Please see my quoted solution above. For Chase cards when categorized as "business" will not download new transactions (without reporting an error). Changing the card to "Personal" using my method quoted above restores function and downloads transactions. Please report this as a bug to get it fixed. There are several of us that are having this issue some of which are reporting in this and other threads. Thank you.

• OldTimeQuser
    OldTimeQuser Member ✭✭
    Options

The Business/Personal change worked for me. Change the setting in Quicken in the Edit Account Details→Display Options→Account Intent to Personal. Deactivate the account in Edit Account Details→Online Services. Activate it again. I had to do it twice before the account showed up to be linked to a Quicken Account. Presumably because of a delay in the process. It's still a pita as now I have a business account listed under Personal and the rest of the business accounts listed in the correct place. I'll wait a few days to make sure I have some new transactions and then I'll switch it back to business before doing a OSU.

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    edited January 3
    Options

Just an update for everyone.

After performing my solution I outlined earlier in this thread successfully and getting downloads to work again, I decided to try switching the account back to "Business" from my current "Personal" without making any other changes or reactivating the account.

I then initiated a download and continued to get new transactions for the day. So it appears once you perform a reestablishment of downloads following my procedure above, you can then change the account back to "Business" in the "Display" tab menu while editing the account and the downloads will continue to work.

Just wanted to let others in this thread know you should be able to switch back to "Business" after performing my procedure and the fix will continue to work.

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@OldTimeQuser Glad it worked for you. Interesting that I don't have option in my account intent to change to business. Mine only shows credit or liability.

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Flux Thanks so much again for all your help and the update!!!

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    edited January 3
    Options

@TF You're welcome.

Again, the reason you don't see business or personal as a display choice is because you initially used a different "Chase" connection out of the 6+ or so listed when you setup a fresh account. I think you used a Chase investments connection.

Also as i mentioned, this is not your fault because all of the Chase connection options are just called something generic like "Chase" or "Card Member Services" or some other nondescript name they gave them. I have attached a picture to show you what I mean.

once you set it up with a specific "Institution" connection type, you would need to clear all the fields in the accounts tab to let you get back to this screen even if you disconnect or reset the account.

You need to clear "Chase" from the accounts info before establishing the connection to get back to this screen where it will let you choose which "Chase" connection type to choose. If you don't do this….each time you reset ot disconnect and reconnect the account it will skip this screen and just used the last "Institution" choice you made when originally setting up the account.

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Flux Thanks much for the detailed explanation! I will keep that in mind for a new connection. I am just glad this card is downloading fine right now.

• sbarber5
    sbarber5 Member ✭✭
    Options

TF and Flux thanks for your communication and time put into your updates!

Sorry it took my so long to check back - a true sign of how frustrated I am with receipts piled everywhere in the office!

I too suspected it is the business account label but never attempted to switch in for fear of causing other issues, erroneous tax reporting lines, etc. I should have just went for it!

MY REPORT: simply changing to Personal re-enabled transaction downloads for both Ink cards. I did not need to Reactivate.

Worth noting is I do have a "Business" Checking account with Chase that has continued downloading transactions just the same as it has always done since this problem started on my Ink cards. I suspect the "Business" issue only affecting Business CREDIT accounts from Chase, and maybe other institutions?

I am also going to take your kids advice - and look at Empower!

If either of you switched back to Business, please let us know if it was successful or broke the connection again).

Quicken should give us all a free year at least!

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    edited January 13
    Options

@sbarber5 You're welcome. Yes I switched back to "Business" from "Personal" without any other steps and the downloads continue to work, so you should be good to do that as well.

Thanks for letting me know that my reactivation steps are not necessary and simply a change to Personal, a download, and a switch back to business are all that is necessary.

• Zeka
    Zeka Member ✭✭
    edited January 13
    Options

I have this problem for Chase and CapitalOne business credit card accounts. Non business accounts are OK. For the accounts with problem, line "Online Balance: xxx" is not presented on transactions list screen. Only "Current Balance: xxx" and "Ending Balance: xxx" are shown. Multiple resets did not work. Voodoo trick with business/personal worked for me. Reactivation was required in my case.

Quickeners, you must be ashamed.

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    Options

@Zeka I presented the solution higher up in the thread. It appears you can skip the deactivation/reactivation and just change the account to "Personal", do a download and then change back to "Business".

• sbarber5
    sbarber5 Member ✭✭
    Options

Perhaps a reactivation MAY be necessary…

I had previously reactivated, so I can not rule that out as a required part of the workaround procedure (before OR after switching business to personal).

• ag11
    ag11 Member ✭✭
    Options

Since about November my downloads stopped working - all banks actually Chase, Amex, US Bank. etc. I tried all the suggestions, deactivate, reactivate, reset, etc and then resorted to manually downloading txns into QFX files and importing into Quicken. I finally called Quicken support today. After two hours of screen sharing, she just told me there's an error in my file and that I had to start from scratch - unbelievable! I have 20 years of history on this file and that's the only reason I'm still sticking to the product.

Anyway I put the phone down and searched the community and came upon this post. @Flux I cannot tell you how thankful I'm for your help here. I changed my account setting form personal to business, and lo and behold was able to download all transactions. I just tried on a couple of accounts and it seems to work. It's definitely a quicken bug. I have a ton of business accounts and a lot of transactions, so this is going to take me a while. At least I'm grateful to you for the workaround. Thank you!

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    Options

@ag11 You're welcome! Just FYI you should then be able to switch back to "Business" after a successful download and the account should continue to download successfully.

• ag11
    ag11 Member ✭✭
    edited January 19
    Options

thankyou! Yes I saw that we can change it back. I have a ton of accounts to change from biz to personal and then change back. That’s going to be my weekend project.

• italiandavea
    italiandavea Member ✭✭
    Options

Started haveing linking problems 1/20/24. I relinked and for a day Chase downloaded. Toady(1/22/24) , nothing is linking or downloading from CHASE. Deactivating CHASE accounts causes program to not respond. Not sure what the issue is, but it appears that the improvement is to use CHASE as a manual entry only now…..

This discussion has been closed.