Is a Classic Deluxe file compatible with a Classic Premier file

Options
Joe Sandfort
Joe Sandfort Member ✭✭

Hi, I am the volunteer treasurer of a nonprofit that helps support a small public library. Several years ago, I created a Quicken file for the nonprofit's financial activities and have used it successfully ever since. I am resigning as treasurer and a new person is taking over. My Quicken file on my home computer for the nonprofit is Classic Deluxe, Version R53.16, Build 27.1.53.16 on Windows 10 Home. The new treasurer already has Quicken on their home computer — their Quicken version is Classic Premier, Version R53.16, Build 27.1.53.16 on Windows 10 Enterprise. Will the nonprofit's Quicken file that I created on my home computer work on the new treasurer's home computer? Thank you for your help.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Joe Sandfort,

Yes, the file will be compatible. However, upon opening the data file, they will likely be prompted to "change owner" if the Quicken ID is different which should be an easy switchover.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Joe Sandfort,

Yes, the file will be compatible. However, upon opening the data file, they will likely be prompted to "change owner" if the Quicken ID is different which should be an easy switchover.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Joe Sandfort
    Joe Sandfort Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you so much for your help, Quicken Anja. I really appreciate your quick response.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

You're welcome! Let us know if you have any additional questions. 🙂

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.