Undo Skipped Bill and Income Reminder

Options

I have been having trouble with Quicken randomly skipping my paychecks for years. This happens after I enter a paycheck. Quicken will then randomly skip the next up coming paycheck. I have no idea why this happens. It would be nice if I could manually un-skip the paycheck that Quicken decided to skip as I will be receiving and thus entering this paycheck. It would be even better if Quicken would simply stop skipping my paychecks altogether. The amount of work I have to do to enter that paycheck after Quicken skips it is frustrating compared to having the ability to simply un-skip the paycheck and enter it normally. Thank you!

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you not edit the paycheck reminder to set the next due date to the correct date?

QWin Premier subscription
  • goodrhue
    goodrhue Member ✭✭
    edited January 31
    Options

I had this problem about a year ago and went through several iterations of support. I was finally advised that I needed to store my main Quicken file in a location that was not syncing to the cloud, and to turn off mobile and web syncing. I did all that and it solved the problem. However, it just started happening again in 2024. I have not changed anything! I double checked and my main data file is STILL not automatically synced to the cloud (my backups are), and mobile/web syncing is STILL turned off. It is not "hard" to unskip the transactions but clicking and changing the date by a day…but Quicken should not be skipping these transactions! To have to do this every month for is very frustrating - I have alot of bills and deposits set up as automatic monthly entries.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have seen a few reports on this problem (no solution). I would suspect that there is something wrong with the data file. I would definitely run Validate and Repair on it, but I no idea if that would fix it, it is just a shot in the dark.

I also wonder like @Jim_Harman why you can't just change the date. My wife gets bonuses at an irregular interval (but at the same time she gets her normal paycheck), so what I do is enter her normal paycheck, and then I select the next reminder → Edit this instance and all future instances, then just click on the date, and type T to change it today and then Done. That puts another reminder for today in set as Due, that I can now enter and change the information needed for the bonus paycheck.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/