Wells Fargo Reauthorize Doesn't Work

Options

Every time I've tried to "reauthorize" my wells fargo account, as prompted by quicken when doing a one step update, I get this error after logging in to wells fargo on my web browser.

I don't see any existing reports of this on the forum. Is this going to be fixed before the old method of storing credentials inside quicken is removed for wells fargo?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @TheGo2SWATking,

To assist with this issue, which web browser are you using? Do you get the same result if you switch to a different default browser? Have you tried pausing or temporarily disabling any browser extensions that may be interfering (ad blockers and pop up blockers are the most likely to cause issues)?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TheGo2SWATking
    Options

I've tried with a different browser, which was Chrome in an incognito window with no extensions enabled. Still get the same error.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since you get the same issue with another browser, have you tried reaching out to Wells Fargo's support? The error message makes it sound like there's an issue with your credentials. Are you able to login to Wells Fargo's website when you navigate straight there rather than get redirected by Quicken?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• TheGo2SWATking
    Options

Yes, I'm able to login to wellsfargo.com with the same username and password. There are no intermediate pop ups even, it just takes me straight to my accounts page.

I don't really want to reach out to the bank, in my experience banks do not want to support third party financial software like quicken. One of them has even advised me to reset my password as it had now been compromised by typing it into quicken. Since then I only contact quicken support for issues with quicken. If there is an issue with a bank, it would be better for you to reach out to your contacts at that bank than for me to contact them as a customer.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Jay Duff
    Jay Duff Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I am also getting the same issue as the OP.

Perhaps this article applies?

Also, I called Wells Fargo, and one must have an authorized phone number, that can receive a text (I am guessing for Multi-Factor Authentication). Since I only have a mortgage with Wells Fargo, I can't set that up myself. I had to have the Wells Fargo Quicken Support rep do it, and she said it would take 3 business days.

• TheGo2SWATking
    Options

@Jay Duff This worked, thanks. I only had an email address associated for 2fa, which works for logging in but not for this new connection method for some reason. Once I added a non-voip phone number it sent a code to that number, then let me link my accounts to quicken.

• RobbD
    RobbD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Kind of ridiculous, I added a cell number, but I still had to call Wells Fargo, they have to submit it to their service department and I have to wait at least 3 days, for some kind of verification or some nonsense.
    Which is Saturday. I can only cross my fingers that someday it works.
    I have a sick feeling in my stomach it will be more calls next week.
    BUT YES IT SEEMS THAT IS THE TROUBLE YOU NEED A CELL PHONE ADDED TO THE ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH IT'S A CREDIT CARD.
    I did have a brief chat with Quicken support and also was given this link in hopes of it working >wellsfargo.com/fmssetup

Added I do have WellsFargo credit card on my list of cards to close, maybe this is the sign to do it now.

• DOS
    DOS Member ✭✭
    Options

Had the same experience as RobbD. Can't believe how ridicules Wells Fargo is. I have a cell-based home phone number that does not receive text. I do not give my cell number to anyone outside of family. After calling Wells Fargo three times, including their so-called Quicken person, I reluctantly added my cell number to my profile in hopes this would solve the issue. It did not. Called Wells Fargo again and was told the same as others: go to an ATM or they will manually authorize the number within three days. All I have is a Wells Fargo VISA card and have no interest in tracking down a Wells Fargo branch ATM since we have until December 18th to reauthorize. I was told it was my responsibility to call back in three days to see if the number authorization was complete. On top of that all of the "bankers" I spoke to were not much better than the robotic answering system they have. Had to call AT&T about a Directv billing issue and I thought I would never say this, but the AT&T call was a pleasure compared to Wells Fargo. So glad I do not have any other services with them. By the way Discover Bank has the BEST customer service, at least that has been my experience. Guess we will see in three days if this is behind us. Also of note is the fact that Wells Fargo is closing multiple branches. Wonder why.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for coming back and posting the resolution for this issue. Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to change security requirements on the financial institution's side.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Dave Kacoroski
    Options

I have experienced the same issue. When I attempt to "reauthorize" my Wells Fargo accounts, I received the above error page.

After speaking with Wells Fargo support, the conclusion is that I must have a valid cell phone in order to use their new security protocol, or purchase an RSA device. I have no need for a cell phone, and certainly none for the expense of one.

Wells Fargo will be losing a customer, and they don't seem to care.

This discussion has been closed.