Stock Split may be missing?

Options
DRMick
DRMick Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Where does this dialog come from? It says Data Feed in the transaction. I get this during an OSU from Schwab sometimes but there is no Stock Split transaction in the broker's history.

If I save this transaction, it adjusts my share balance and now I have Security Mismatch. Where does it come from?

Best Answer

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Last December DSX issued a stock spin off in place of a dividend and it took a while to untangle those transaction. I think you are right about being an bad data feed. I deleted it . Thanks.

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Those notices come from downloading quotes function with data from Quicken's third party data supplier.

In this case, I see DSX declared a dividend payable Dec 4 to shareholders of record as of Nov 27. I saw one place that referred to it as a non-cash dividend, but I think it is actually a cash dividend at $0.15/share. So I suspect it is a mistake on the data supplier part. I suggest you ignore it. With a bit of luck, it will go away after Dec 4.

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Last December DSX issued a stock spin off in place of a dividend and it took a while to untangle those transaction. I think you are right about being an bad data feed. I deleted it . Thanks.

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I consider this answered. Please close

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

This post has been closed per the OP's request.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.