How to pay existing vendors with Check Pay

Options

I have set up Quick Pay and Check Pay. My account has been validated. When I start entering a new manual bill, i.e. "Add Bill Reminder", the vendor name appears via autofill (i.e. this vendor is my local printer and someone I've paid many times and their info including address is already in my memorized payee & vendor list). When I enter the vendor name, the screen prompts me for payment date, amount, category etc. When I click the box for "Allow paying with Check Pay", there is a pop-up prompting for the payee's account number, address etc. (This seems strange because Quicken already has the info). No matter what I do—either enter the information manually or leave it blank assuming that Quicken will access it from my existing payee list—I get the message "Payee/Account Combination is already in use" and I can't continue. I have also tried clicking on the little "(info)" link next to "Allow paying with Check Pay". That pulls up the stored address information for the vendor but if I click "save" on that screen, it gives me the same "already in use" error message. It appears that the manual bill/check pay service has a bug that makes it unusable.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.