Capital One Account Name Reverts to Default

Options
MN Danny
MN Danny Member ✭✭

I am on the latest version of Quicken Classic for Mac. I recently bought a Capital One CD. The account added to Quicken fine and Quicken named it "CD". I rename it to CD 08-21-2024. I do this with all of my CDs so I see when they mature.

Every time I update, Quicken changes the name back to CD. It hasn't done this in the past with Capital One CDs, the new names have stuck with those.

Appreciate any help. Thank you!

Best Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @MN Danny,

To troubleshoot this issue, would you please provide more information? When did you first notice this issue? Was the account previously connected and updating normally before this started happening, or has it been happening ever since you added it? What process are you going through when you update the account? Are you getting any error codes or error messages? Are you getting any prompts to reauthorize your Capital One account(s)?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @MN Danny,

To troubleshoot this issue, would you please provide more information? When did you first notice this issue? Was the account previously connected and updating normally before this started happening, or has it been happening ever since you added it? What process are you going through when you update the account? Are you getting any error codes or error messages? Are you getting any prompts to reauthorize your Capital One account(s)?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• MN Danny
    MN Danny Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Kristina.

I first noticed the issue the first time I updated after I changed the account name.

The account was added in October, a couple of days before I tried to rename it. I added it through add an account and selecting Capital One. I had other accounts with Capital One, so Quicken had the connection to find the new account.

I updated the account by clicking the update icon on the top left of the Quicken window.

I do not get prompts to reauthorize Capital One.

I have not received any error messages.

I am now doing some troubleshooting on my own by changing the account name to other names to see if they stick. I will report back on that tomorrow.

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• MN Danny
    MN Danny Member ✭✭
    Options

This can be closed. After trying different scenarios I cannot reproduce the issue. It feels like Capital One fixed something on their end.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I'm glad to hear it's working!

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.