Prompt to Send Online Payments that Do Not Exist

Options

This seems to be a somewhat common problem with various ideas on how to resolve this, but none have worked for me. I have not tried to restore from an old backup because it's been at least a month since this problem started, so trying to rebuild manually isn't worth the hassle.

How do I eliminate the internal flag which triggers the prompt (and the envelope icon) I get when closing Quicken that states I have online payments to send, when I don't. I can click on the envelope to the left of my bank account to open the online center and this shows no payments to send.

I am using Quicken Classic Premier for Windows. Version R53.16, build 27.1.53.16

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Bill Maniscalco,

This sounds like a data file issue has occurred.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bill Maniscalco
    Options

Hi Jasmine, I tried both of these ideas recently with no luck.

Not sure this matters but when reviewing the online center which appears after clicking the envelope icon next to the bank account name no transaction is shown.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Bill Maniscalco,

I apologize for the delay in my response.

How long has this issue been occurring with the prompt? Have you attempted to restore a backup from before the issue started (if possible) and test to see if the issue persists in the newly restored file?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bill Maniscalco
    Options

Hi Jasmine,

It started on 10/31/23 when there was a "hiccup" when sending a couple on-line bill payments. I confirmed with the bank that it received the info from Quicken and processed the bill payment, but Quicken never indicated the payment as processed like it normally does by adding the check number to my register. As a result, I found a way to modify my register and manually added the check number my bank provided me.

I can attempt a backup to test the issue, but if it works, how would I recover and add the many transaction over the past 2 months for my bank account AND all my other accounts. Adding all this manually is not worth the trouble. All I really want to do is find a way to remove the internal flag triggering the irritating notification that I falsely have a pending on-line transaction to send when trying to shut-down Quicken.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.