USAA to Quicken Download Problem

Options

I entered this before, but it never did get resolved:

Whenever I download from U SAA to Quicken, I only the receive the transaction date and the $ amount. I do not get the payee.

Comments

• jmsbes
    jmsbes Member
    Options

I have Quicken Classic Deluxe

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jmsbes,

What is your connection method with USAA? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. What type of account(s) are these?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jmsbes
    jmsbes Member
    Options

They are credit card accounts and checking accounts with USAA.

• jmsbes
    jmsbes Member
    Options

Quicken calls the transaction download "Express Web Connect"

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jmsbes,

Has this always occurred or is the issue with the missing payees recent?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jmsbes
    jmsbes Member
    Options

Yes, I would say it is recent. Three or four weeks ago, Quicken said that USAA (which has our checking and credit card accounts) needed to update the download process. After we did that, that's when we started having the 'no payee' problem.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Is this happening in all of your USAA accounts? Does this affect every transaction? Is the Payee field completely blank? Is there information in any fields other than the transaction date and $ amount? Would you be willing to post a screenshot of what is happening (with any personal information redacted)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jmsbes
    jmsbes Member
    Options

Attached are (2) jpg photos. The first one shows today's actual download of my credit card transactions from USAA. The second shows the payee corrections I had to make. The dates and the $ amounts are always correct. The payees are often wrong. "Graul's Market" seems to be a frequent substitute for the actual payee.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Thank you for the screenshots; that helps clarify what is going on. The information is downloading, but it's frequently incorrect in your Quicken. The first thing I recommend checking is your Renaming Rules. I suspect you may have an overly general rule that is causing Payees to be inappropriately changed to "Graul's Market".

To check Renaming Rules, please go to Tools>Renaming Rules.

Once you find the offending rule, you can click the pencil icon to edit the rule, or if it is an unneeded rule, you can click the minus sign to delete it.

You may also want to check the settings at Edit>Preferences>Downloaded transactions and Edit>Preferences>Data entry and QuickFill to verify Quicken isn't trying to automatically do things you don't want it doing.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.