Portfolio Value Report is generating incorrect result

Options
bills81
bills81 Member ✭✭

Windows 10 PC, Quicken release 53.16, file validated 12/1/23. Error first noted 11/30/23, oldest data backup 11/15/23 (combined report has the error), oldest available combined report 10/31/23 (printed - data OK)

Among my several investment account are an IRA and Roth IRA account. These 2 account have several securities each, 3 of which are currently common to both accounts. On the Investing page (Tab) and in the register all values are correct.

Running a Portfolio Value Report separately on either the IRA or Roth generates the correct values.

Running a Portfolio Value Report on the 2 accounts together (combined report) produces a report with incorrect Share values for 2 of the 3 common securities, but all other values are correct. (Note: Balance = actual Shares x Quote, not the shown Shares x Quote).

I’ve run the combined report, changing the end date, until I found where the error 1st occurred. The error corresponds to the day a Stock Split was entered. (The day before the split the quantity is correct, the day of the split the quantity is not as expected, but the register shows the correct number of shares). This is true for 2 of the common securities, the 3rd common security has not had a Stock Split, and its Share quantity is always correct.

Additionally, another security which was held only in the IRA account and has been sold appears with 0 Shares in both the IRA & combined report. It also had a Stock Split before being sold, however not all securities that have had a Stock Split and have been sold are shown in the combined report with 0 Shares. I can modify the report(s) so that sold securities are not included, but the Quicken should handle it.

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @bills81,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has already been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(CTP-8214)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lgl
    lgl Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having same problem. The share column is incorrect but the balance column is mostly multiplying the correct number of shares x the price to get the correct balance. All information is correct on the individual reports but not the reports with combined accounts. i've spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong. Glad you are looking into it. can you let us know when you fix it? thanks

• jonhenry
    jonhenry Member
    Options

I have the same problem with any investment account that has a stock split - please fix

• jonhenry
    jonhenry Member
    Options

It's definitely an issue with stock split. I deleted the stock split transaction and replaced it with a remove shares transaction for the old quantity and a add shares transaction with the new quantity and the account balance report now is correct

• bills81
    bills81 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm running the latest version (R53.26) and the problem has been fixed

• jonhenry
    jonhenry Member
    Options

wow @bills81. I had stock splits from 11 to 15 years ago that needed to be deleted and reentered and I'm on the same version as you. I still think really old stock splits need to be deleted and reentered. Regardless, its awesome to have these account balance and net worth reports be accurate again. I have 30 years of quicken history that means alot to me

• brent21
    brent21 Member
    Options

I have the same issue and am running the latest version - R53.32. The Portfolio Value Report includes securities that have previously been sold. It shows the security twice, once with a negative share count and once with a positive share count, thus equaling zero. I run this report fairly frequently and this is the first time I've seen it, so it must have happened with a very recent release. Please fix or tell us in which version it became broken. The "zero share" securities shown in the report are, I believe, securities that have been bought and later sold in that account at some time in the past, sometimes far in the past. But changing the date range on the report, doesn't seem to help.

• Doctd
    Doctd Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem for me with option transaction where the buy and sell cancel out. Some previously saved reports are also seemingly corrupted as I've noticed individual securities disappearing from the Portfolio Value reports.

• elee72964
    elee72964 Member
    Options

Same problem for me as well. The portfolio report is showing option positions that were closed in 2020-2023. Very frustrating not having this report. I export the report to a spreadsheet that calculates portfolio balance based on Industry and Sector. Need to have this fixed.

This discussion has been closed.