Post Retirement Budget Plan

Options

So, I am trying to use Quicken (on Windows 11, Windows Classic Deluxe) to do some analysis on what my retirement budget will be. I have created a budget, and I have hand picked the categories I wish to have included, so this means I excluded the Salary Income category.

However, no matter how I try, the budgeting tool continues to include previous Salary averages into my projections. I can edit the budget for May 2024 (when I plan to retire) as much as I want, it still includes the averages into the overall budget number (claiming I am on budget, which I am not), and the graphical chart being presented.

Help me fix this before I resort to using Excel.

Tagged:

Comments

• flashfearless
    Options

Uh, I think I figured it out. Even though I said to leave it out of the budget, because I had salary as a recurring income beyond my timeline, it was including the number here. Stupid, as I didn't want it included in the budget.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @flashfearless,

I'm glad to hear you found a resolution to the issue. Thank you for coming back and posting the resolution you found!

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.