Download issues with Bank of America

Options
artasher
artasher Member ✭✭

I have not been able to download transactions. I have 4 accounts there. I have tried:

1) Resetting all 4.

2) Deactivating all 4, then setting up again as both Bank of America-Quicken and then again back to Bank of America-All Other State, where it has always been. As you can see from the attached (from initial download & transaction page) all the existing, old transactions get download but, none after 9/29/2023. The balances are current, though. All the other banks are fine.

Comments

• tbbbnbab
    tbbbnbab Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. This has happened more than once in the past…why can't you figure this out??

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @artasher and @tbbbnbab,

Do you receive any error codes or messages? How long has this issue been occurring?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Katherine K.
    Options

I am having the same issue. I am linked to many B of A accounts (with family members) that I have never included on my Quicken account. And now my account info is comingled with those other accounts. Incorrect data from those other accounts is downloading into my Quicken account data. I have tried fixing it, but no no new (correct) data is downloading. No error messages. Super frustrating.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Katherine K.,

Thank you for joining this thread.

When did this issue begin to occur? Are transactions downloading just not into the correct spots?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• tbbbnbab
    tbbbnbab Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello @artasher and @tbbbnbab,

Do you receive any error codes or messages? How long has this issue been occurring?

Hi Jasmine, I have been unable to get a download from BofA since Nov 1. This has been a problem in the past (as I'm sure you know). Is this a different problem, or the same as before? Either way, it is aggravating and inconvenient (at best) and can create real troubles at worst.

• artasher
    artasher Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jasmine, No error codes or messages, as you can see from my attached screenshot(s).

I did some searches and found a solution from two community posts.

I used the following two processes:

1. Save a backup.
    2. Deactivate all the accounts associated with Bank of America.
    3. Navigate to Bank of America's website, (https://www.bankofamerica.com/), look for third-party apps, and unlink Quicken.
    4. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the Bank of America accounts by using the "+" button.

THEN:

1. Choose Tools menu > Online Center.
    2. Select the financial institution you want to update from the Financial Institution drop-down menu.
    3. While pressing CTRL+F3 on your keyboard, click Contact info at the top of the screen. You must do all three at the same time.
    4. Select the financial institution you want to update, and click Refresh. The branding and profile information will be listed under current status as needs updating.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Click Update/Send, enter your financial institution Password, and select OK. Follow any additional instructions. 

The downloads have been working since (yesterday and today)!

Art Asher

• tbbbnbab
    tbbbnbab Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

As of two days ago, Quicken is now downloading new transactions from BofA (for me, at least…perhaps for others as well?).

• curtblak
    curtblak Member
    Options

I have the same problem. No Bank of America items downloaded after November 21. I just updated Wells Fargo as required and they download. The only other thing that changed is my subscription renewed. I have tried resetting. It shows the correct online balance, but the ending balance is not correct due to the missing transactions.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @artasher and @tbbbnbab,

Thank you for coming back to update us and for sharing those troubleshooting steps. We are happy to hear that the issue has been resolved for you!

Hello @curtblak,

Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps located in this alert?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• curtblak
    curtblak Member
    Options

So far still no transactions are being downloaded for Bank of America. What's the difference?

• artasher
    artasher Member ✭✭
    Options

At some point in the past (years), the choices were California (I think) and "All Other States." I didn't know what the "- Quicken" choice is for. Maybe the Moderator or an employee of Quicken can provide the difference.

I tried both and "All Other States" worked for me. I'm in Florida and I've always used "All Other States" in the past.

Art

• Joseph Witkin
    Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Oh boy, a new problem… Bank of America is downloading update transactions for my checking account and one of my credit cards, but not the other credit card since December 2. Turning off online download for all of the BOA accounts and requesting it again did not fix - BOA ask for the bank-hosted authorization form, and then lists all 3 accounts, properly recommending that they be linked to existing - but no transactions are downloaded for the one credit card, though I can see that many have posted on my BOA web portal. Refreshing the branding did not help either. Using "All Other States" which has always worked, did not try "Quicken". Please fix this!

UPDATE - after taking the above steps, Quicken downloaded 4 new transactions on the credit card account, but it did not download any of the 20 or so between December 2 and yesterday. And the "online balance", which previously correctly reflected the transactions that HAD been downloaded, now does not. If I try to accept the newly downloaded few transactions, the balance for reconciled transactions no longer matches the downloaded "online balance".

I understand this may be a Bank of America problem - which is not good! Direct Connect worked well - it was managed by Quicken. Farming out the tech for each institution to manage on its own was sure to lead to problems. Disappointed!!

• plate lunch
    plate lunch Member ✭✭
    Options

Let me throw in my experience…

I was doing all steps in this thread and in others to try to get my three BofA accounts to download. I gave up since nothing was working and tried to update and reconcile my accounts manually. I discovered that the balance of one of my accounts was whacked out (off by $6044.09). What the heck?

A lot of gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair and comparing with backup files and I figured out that the opening balance of my account had somehow changed. That lead me to another thread. Search on "Opening Balance changing". What you will find out is that a lot of the steps here to fix your download (like deactivating and activating your account) will trigger another Quicken problem: the opening balance of an account could change!! And I further discovered that a messed up balance will prevent Quicken from displaying downloaded transactions!!!! Once I manually fixed my opening balance, Update worked and all the missing transactions for my three accounts displayed properly.

So check your balance manually if you get messages saying that Quicken downloaded transactions but they aren't displaying. And keep a lot of backups!

This discussion has been closed.