New coming Wells Fargo connection.

Options
jobworker
jobworker Mac Beta Beta

Currently my connection with WF is Direct Connect except for my Mortgage which is Quicken Connect. I cannot change it to Direct Connect. I did an update login which took me to WF where I received a authorization code and continued the process and eventually was reconnected to WF. However, the connection was automatically made a Quicken Connect.

My question is, how will I change it for the new required Wells Fargo/Quicken connection?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jobworker,

From what you describe, it sounds like you went through the authorization process on Wells Fargo's site and linked your account back up. The new connection will still show as Quicken Connect in Quicken for Mac, so if you've already authorized it and you see the Quicken Connect connection, then you should be good. Are you getting any reauthorization prompts or any error messages?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Eduardo1944
    Options

I've updated my Wells Fargo accounts and nothing new has happened regarding the "new" connection method. Should I wait until I get a prompt?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Eduardo1944,

To answer your question, yes, you would wait until you get a prompt. If you have to reset or deactivate/reconnect your Wells Fargo account(s) for any reason, you'll go through the authorization process and be connected via the new method unless you opt to connect via Direct Connect instead.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

I sincerely apologize for not having answered you from your Dec 4th comment. I thought I had but to make a good excuse I was busy planning rental homes for Christmas guests and chefs etc that I neglected to respond. I finished up being connected to Wells Fargo with Quicken Connect but then lost my Bill Pay ability not having paid attention and being very distracted with other issues. I was wondering why my Bill Pay wasn't functioning so paid directly using the bank on-ine system. Now I have gone back to Direct Connect with WF and Bill Pay is functioning again. As for the Mortgage account, it is still Quicken Connect, which fine for me. 🙏l

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear you have your accounts connected and working again. The holiday season gets pretty hectic; hopefully everything went well and you had a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

Thanks, yes everything has calmed down again. It was hectic with oversees guest plus a bunch from here. Everything is running smoothly again, so I can get back to testing and also working Estate Manager. Got to keep busy.

Have a happy fun active New year.

This discussion has been closed.