Income & Expense report shows transfers from investments as income

Options
Tom23
Tom23 Member ✭✭
edited January 9 in Investing (Windows)

When you transfer money from a non 401k/IRA investment account to a checking account this shows as Income in the Income & Expense reports. Under settings Advance tab you can Exclude All transfers and then the transfer does not show as income. The is no option to do this on the Income & Expense report on the Dashboard.

This is not income unless it comes out of an IRA/401k account.

The big blue line is a transfer. I didn't make any money and it is not a taxable withdraw. There is no option to Exclude All transfers on the Dashboard graph.

After Excluding all after you drill into the Income & Expense report there is no longer a big "income".

The best solution would be to not have this count as income unless it is a transfer from an IRA/401k account.

Quicken Classic Premier R53.16 Build 27.1.53.16

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Tom23,

To help troubleshoot this issue, would you please provide more information? Is this happening in Income/Expense by Category, Income/Expense by Payee, or both? Do you have the Early Access reports interface turned on (this is usually off by default unless you go into Preferences and enable it)? When did you first notice this issue?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tom23
    Tom23 Member ✭✭
    Options

Early Access is turned on.

It is happening on the Income/Expense by Category on the Dashboard. See below.

On the normal Income/Expense by Category you can exclude all transfers to make it work, but you cannot do this on the Dashboard Income/Expense.

My main point is that transfers like this should not count as income in any report. Transfers from a non IRA/401k investment account is no different than a transfer from one checking account to another. This is especially true since many investment accounts can have bank like funds (CDs, Money Market, etc) inside them.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply and the additional information,

I was able to replicate the issue have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to be further investigated. In the meantime, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

Thank you.    

(CTP-8384)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.