Reauthorizing my accounts always completely messes up my balances!

Options

This continues to be a problem with Quicken and it happens numerous times each year. When my account will now longer do the one step update and I have to reauthorize my account, by balances get completely messed up. I end up having to delete the account completely and then start over!! The crazy thing is Quicken tells you before doing this step that you account balances won't get messed up but they do! It is maddening.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @adyoung64,

To troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Which financial institution(s) does this happen with? Are you able to tell what is changing that is throwing off your balances (for instance, the Opening Balance, being a calculated value, sometimes changes when connecting/reconnecting an account)?

Does this happen with every account associated with the financial institution you're reauthorizing, or are only some accounts affected?

Rather than deleting and re-adding the account (which causes you to lose history from that account), have you tried restoring a backup from before the balances got messed up? If so, does the issue happen again in the newly restored backup file?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.