Merrill Edge accounts 100x value

Options
Emanuel P
Emanuel P Member ✭✭
edited March 9 in Investing (Mac)

Mac version of quicken. Starting a few days ago new problem:

What is happening is wrong amounts for fixed investments like bonds. If I have $1,000 of bonds, it is showing in Quicken as exactly 100x that amount ($100,000 of bonds).

This is happening with bonds, CDs, and other instruments that Merrill Edge categorizes in its "Fixed Investment" category.

I believe this is the problem others are having.

Comments

• NealeJ0hns0n
    NealeJ0hns0n Member ✭✭
    Options

When I updated tonight, my Merrill Edge accounts all filed to load and I had to relink them. When complete, the brokerage accounts (i.e., non-IRA accounts) worked, except that fixed income securities are valued at 100x their actual value.

Meanwhile, the IRA and Roth IRA accounts all show zero with no securities. What's going on here?

• Emanuel P
    Emanuel P Member ✭✭
    Options

exactly the same problem. any solutions?

• mcosca
    mcosca Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. I spent time with higher level support and the final position I received is that they agree there is a problem, will look into it, but do have have any ETA whatsoever. There are actually two issues: 1) Quicken is multiplying par value of fixed income securities by price overstating it 100x and 2) it is double counting cash positions by adding the cash and cash equivalent (money market accounts) individual positions to the cash total that it imports from Merrill. This does not happen with other institutions like Morgan Stanley. If anyone has a lead on a solution, it would much appreciated.

• mvalle1
    mvalle1 Member
    Options

I am having the same issue with double counting cash value in Merrill Edge account. This did not happen prior to updating my Quicken on aa new Macbook. Also, my previous view was of a a register sjhowing transactions, now it just allows for Dashboard and Portfolio.

• GaryDDR
    GaryDDR Member
    Options

Exactly same problem. All values are being multiplied by 100X. This is making Quicken virtually useless in attempting to follow investment performance. This has been an issue since the start of December. Would appreciate any input as to a solution to this problem.

• GTX1
    GTX1 Member
    Options

I to am having the same issue on CD's. Looking for the issue to be corrected please.

• ajh993
    ajh993 Member
    Options

+1 - makes me look like a multi-millionaire, but i'm definitely not.

I'd love if one of the product engineering bots could pick this up and figure out how we can be more realistic!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• M.Lawson
    M.Lawson Member
    Options

+1?? My issue, which may have the same root cause. My Preferred Deposit security also shows as Cash so the value of my account is 2x what it actually is

• Emanuel P
    Emanuel P Member ✭✭
    Options

definitely have exactly the same problem this is killing me

This discussion has been closed.