Reminders - Can Quicken display in Register beyond 12 months ? (edit)

SdScott
SdScott Member ✭✭

Question: is there a way to get reminder transactions to appear in an account for a period longer than 12 months? For example, I'd like 36 lease payments to appear in my bank account to help me visualize cash flow requirements in that account. The most I can get to display is 12 months.

Thank you.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never tried getting a Reminder to show up for any period in the future longer than a few months, but in a test file I set up a lease payment and told Quicken to post it to the checking Account for the next 900 days, and it worked.

So I'm not sure why you're not able to go out beyond a year. You might try creating a separate test file and doing the same exercise as I've shown above to see if that works OK. If it does then there might be some problem with the file you're currently using.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe this question is about displaying reminders not yet posted. The limit in the "Reminders to show in register" is 12 months and there is no way to increase that limit.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• SdScott
    SdScott Member ✭✭

Thanks Robert. You have accurately described the limitation of 12 months that exists in Quicken. I was hoping there might be a way around it. Maybe Quicken will modify this in the future, allowing 24 or 36 months.

• Tom Young

@SdScott

Why not go the route of having all the payments actually entered in the checking Account? Even if you don't end up paying for the whole 3 years, it's easy enough to delete the "unused" entries en masse.

• SdScott
    SdScott Member ✭✭

Entering (by copying/pasting) is an option. But wanted to avoid the time wasted doing it 36 times. Lazy of me I guess.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried using the Bills and Income tab's Projected Balances view?

Select the desired accounts and set the Time Range to Custom, with a desired future end date. This will give you a balances forecast graph and a report.

OTOH, if you would like the Quicken programmers to consider adding a Custom Date Range to the account register's "Show Reminders for next xx months" feature so that you can see your reminders as if they were register transactions already, please feel free to add a new Idea discussion to the Community.
    I'm just thinking that having that large a number of future transactions in your register already might make working with the register and keeping it positioned it to today's date a little awkward.

• Tom Young

@SdScott

"Entering (by copying/pasting) is an option. But wanted to avoid the time wasted doing it 36 times. Lazy of me I guess."

If you'd read my first post more carefully you'd understand that you don't need to copy and paste anything. I said that I created a Reminder "and told Quicken to post it to the checking Account for the next 900 days, and it worked." Elapsed time from start to finish was probably a minute.

in a test file I set up a lease payment and told Quicken to post it to
    the checking Account for the next 900 days, and it worked.

This discussion has been closed.