Quicken in the Cloud

Options
sNashville
sNashville Member ✭✭

I would like to renew the plea to have a true cloud version of Quicken Classic.

• Simplifi is too simple for how I do my finances (I use Savings Goals to track reserve buckets with no goal, and transfers to/from going in different category groups)
  • Quicken is the only desktop app I that my employer does not provide

I want to be able to open a browser and do my finances with ease and not be keeping all this local data.

(No disrespect to the folks who don't want their data in Quicken's cloud storage. If Intuit TurboTax can have a local copy, there's got to be a way to do it for Quicken Classic with a cloud version along side.)

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think you should instead be posting this on the Simplifi forum with exactly the features you want.

Not only do I think that Quicken Windows will never be a cloud only version for all the technical reasons, but it also won't be because the majority of people using Quicken don't want it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • sNashville
    sNashville Member ✭✭
    Options

I know the story has existed that the reason Quicken is a locally installed software is because of users who are concerned about the cloud. But has anyone checked that recently with a statistically valid survey? Especially considering the high increase in cloud based backup?

I'd love to hear an official response from Quicken. @Quicken Bree & @Quicken Janean . Are you able to help with a response?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think you will get a response from anyone from Quicken for the very reason that Quicken Inc doesn't pre-announce their future plans, but let me expand on this statement I made "Not only do I think that Quicken Windows will never be a cloud only version for all the technical reasons"

Best way to understand the technical challenges that would be faced is to just say that basically they would have to start from scratch. There almost no code in Quicken Windows Desktop that can be used for an online version.

And given that, Quicken Simplifi is already that "start at a rewrite". There is no reason to look any further for a rewrite of Quicken. If Quicken Inc is going to fill out features to match Quicken Desktop, that is going to be where they will do it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • MJM
    MJM Member
    Options

I second the suggestion that Quicken have an on-line version, so I may access my data from any computer.

This discussion has been closed.