Why IRA QCDs may not show up in your Tax Schedule Report

Options
mabrandt
mabrandt Member
edited January 7 in Investing (Mac)

When you open Reports > Tax Schedule, next to Accounts it says All Accounts and you wonder why none of your QCDs (perhaps necessary to reach your IRA RMD total) for the year are listed. If you click the Edit button near the top of the Tax Schedule display, the All accounts (except Separate and retirement accounts) choice is active. Well, retirement accounts are pretty important for recording QCDs. So, click the Selected accounts option and add your retirement accounts to what's being included and lo and behold the QCDs are suddenly in the Tax Schedule Report.

Comments

• mabrandt
    mabrandt Member
    Options

I'm new to the Quicken Community. I use Quicken Classic for Mac. Maybe what I wrote also is true for Windows; so, I'll leave it here in case it helps someone.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @mabrandt,

Thank you for sharing this solution here in the Community!

Since you are using Quicken Classic for Mac, I went ahead and moved your post to the proper Mac category as the instructions on the Windows version do look quite a bit different.

Thank you, and welcome to the Community!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The general conventional wisdom from the Windows side is that you should NOT include retirement accounts in the Tax reports. Too much information is not applicable.

Again from the Win side, this is a general is a good discussion on recording QCD transactions so that tax reports and tax planning are most accurate (not sure of the applicability to the current MAC version of Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.