download duplication (Q Mac)

Options
Jayeffel
Jayeffel Member ✭✭

I have Quicken Classic Deluxe Version 7.3.2.(build 703.50456.100) on my iMac with OS Ventura 13.6.1

The last few times I downloaded a new version of Quicken many, but not all, the entries in Quicken on iMac and iPhone were duplicated. I made a comment in theDiscussion board back in October and noticed the response on how to maybe remedy that problem.

But I just today saw that response. I looked at what was suggested but the function under settings on the iPhone do not have the names he mentioned. It was suggested I disable synching between the mobile Quicken and the iMac. But I see no way to do that. (edit-i think I found that on the iPone app).

There is a new version of Quicken available for the iMac ,I do not know really if need a new version or what will happen if I do download it with the configuration I know have.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jayeffel,

To disable synching between Quicken mobile/Quicken on the Web and the iMac, please follow these steps:

1. In your Quicken program on the iMac, go to Quicken>Settings.
    2. Click on the Mobile, Web & Alerts option.
    3. There will be an On/Off switch for Sync. Click to turn it off.

Once you have done that, test to see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jayeffel
    Jayeffel Member ✭✭
    Options

once I do that, install the upgrade, come back and turn on synch and it should be okay?

• Jayeffel
    Jayeffel Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I turned synch off, then installed the download on the main coputer; I did not yet turn on Synch, but looked at the Quicken app on my iPhone after the upgrade on the main computer and it shows Oct 19, 2022 with a balance which may have been appropriate then. Not sure if I should use the iPhone app or not. I does come in handy. That date may have been the last upgrade th Quicken on the main computer

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To clarify, are you still having the issue with duplication after turning off Sync?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Jayeffel
    Jayeffel Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

At the time I unsynched the Quicken it was working okay, both the main computer and iPhone agreed and they were in agreement with bank balances.

Just after I unsyched but before I started the UpgradeI check the iPhone app and it shows the balance as of Oct 19, 2022, I did not take the time to see if that was the balance back then. I did nothing with the iPhone app or the Main computer other than Upload and install the Upgrade. I have not synched the iPhone again yet, kind of leery of what may occur.

Do you know if Oct 19, 2022 was adate I may have Ugraded Quicken on my main Computer, may have been an Upgrade available then.

What versionI have on the main computer is the newest upgrade of Quicken.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm not able to see when you would have updated your Quicken, but I can see that there was a program update around that time: Version 6.10 came out 12 Oct 22, and since many program updates are phased releases, it is not uncommon for there to be a delay between when the update comes out and when you're prompted to update your program.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Jayeffel
    Jayeffel Member ✭✭
    Options

not sure if I should re synch- afraid of what may occur; may get duplicates, or multiples thereof; then of course it may return and have all the info as it should! If it does not show correctly I can always add/subtract the figured to get the real balance and go from there.

No way to go back 14 months and enter all the data again!

• Jayeffel
    Jayeffel Member ✭✭
    edited January 3
    Options

tried asking this on QuickAnswers but it would not go through: restated what I entered above-

"Whenever I upgraded Quicken the last several times the accounts on the main computer and the iPhone app would show duplicate entries, not all entries though. This time before Upgrading Quicken I stopped the synch via the settings on Quicken. However, when I did that the entries in accounts on the iPhone app stopped at October 19, 2002-after that all data was gone. I am leary of resynching, not sure what will happen--duplicate entries or what. Any advice? Both the computer and the iPhone are using newest OS.

• Jayeffel
    Jayeffel Member ✭✭
    Options

I did go in and setup Synch on the main computer version,so far all looks okay but the iPhone app still shows data as of Oct 2022

• Jayeffel
    Jayeffel Member ✭✭
    Options

I guess the synch worked, and reset worked. The balance in my Quicken account on the main computer did not change; it did not change ninth iPhone account.It did nothing,, but at least did not duplicate anything.

I will give it time, maybe tomorrow things will work properly.If not, just delete the app and move on.

This discussion has been closed.