Keep getting CC-800 errors for Citi accounts Windows 11 Pro Quicken Vers R53.16 Build 27.1.53.16

Options
tgrue2
tgrue2 Member ✭✭✭

This is very strange. Keep getting the CC-800 errors for Citi yet it is downloading as it should. This has been going on for a week now. Have used fix and have deactivated and reactivated the accounts. Came back with no issues but once I try to update my accounts same error comes up. Should not be showing this error as all accounts I have shows updated information and is correct. The Citi accounts are updating as they should so why the error message???

Best Answers

• tgrue2
    tgrue2 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Had some issues going thru this but after a few attempts as stated above I was able to get my Citi accounts to work properly. One caveat was that it resulted in another account to show up on a CC-800 error. Went ahead and replicated the same procedure on that account and now all is well. Thank you for your help. All is now working as it should.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear that helped you get rid of those CC-800 errors.

Please feel free to reach back out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @tgrue2,

To assist, could you clarify: is this error showing for all of your Citi accounts? When you're getting a CC-800 error, but your accounts are still downloading, that may mean you have an account that is inactive or closed on Citi's side, but is still trying to connect on Quicken's side. To check for this, go to Tools>Account List. If you have hidden accounts, there will be a checkbox allowing you to show them.

Once any hidden accounts are visible, review your account list to see if any accounts are trying to connect, but shouldn't be. You can tell if Quicken thinks an account is connected by checking the Transaction Download column. If you see the word "yes" in that column, then Quicken thinks that account is connected.

If you see any accounts that Quicken thinks are connected, but they shouldn't be, then please backup your Quicken file, deactivate those accounts, and test to see if the issue persists with those accounts deactivated.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• tgrue2
    tgrue2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did find two other CIti accounts that were hidden but both were closed with a red circle attached to it so this was not the problem. My issue started last week as stated above. No other new accounts have been added. As you can see below it does show 2 accounts next to CIti CC-800 error. These two accounts have been downloading correctly for years and are still downloading correctly except for coming back with the error shown below.

• Quicken Kristina
    edited December 2023
    Options

Since deactivating/reactivating didn't correct the issue and there are no inactive/closed accounts causing the issue, then it's unlikely to be a connection related problem.

The next troubleshooting steps will resolve the issue if it is being caused by outdated/invalid information stored in the Quicken Cloud or in the cache. Please follow these steps:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all accounts connected to the financial institution that is having the issue, unless they are under a different login that is not having trouble.
    3. Before reconnecting anything, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. There should be a blue link that says Reset your cloud data. Click on that link. Note: If you don't see that link, you have sync turned off. You would need to turn the sync on, click OK, then go back to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. Then you should be able to click on that link. Once the cloud reset is complete, you can turn the sync back off again.
    4. After the cloud reset completes, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. There will be a blue link that says Sign in as a different user. Click that link, type "yes", then click the Sign Out button.
    5. Quicken will log you out and take you back to the login screen. Before logging in, close Quicken and leave it closed for at least 5 seconds.
    6. Re-open Quicken. When it finishes loading, it will take you to the login screen. Log in to Quicken.
    7. Once you are logged back into Quicken, reconnect the accounts by going to Tools>Add Account. Search for the Financial Institution and follow the prompts. Note: When reconnecting your accounts, it is important to make sure that Quicken is showing the action as Link to existing and the nickname in Quicken is the correct account you want it to download into (see sample image below). If it is showing an incorrect name or if it is trying to add instead of link, click the dropdown in the action column to correct it.

Once everything is reconnected and linked to the correct accounts, please test to see if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• tgrue2
    tgrue2 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Had some issues going thru this but after a few attempts as stated above I was able to get my Citi accounts to work properly. One caveat was that it resulted in another account to show up on a CC-800 error. Went ahead and replicated the same procedure on that account and now all is well. Thank you for your help. All is now working as it should.

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm glad to hear that helped you get rid of those CC-800 errors.

Please feel free to reach back out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• tgrue2
    tgrue2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well seems I am back to the same issue again with some addendums. Both my Citi cards are once again showing CC-800 errors. Both cards are updating as they should and reconciling as they should. So back to square one on this. New issue is the update summary. It is showing only parts of actual updates. I download around 20 accounts (all of which are downloading correctly) yet on the summary result it shows only a few of these. This morning it showed 4 updates all of which had a total of no transactions. The accounts that did update (Citi, Amex, 1stBank etc) don't even show up on the list of "One Step Update Complete". This is all quite bothersome, but the actual accounts on Quicken are updating as they were designed to do and that is good. I am sending this in in the hopes that it can be resolved in some future updates. As of now this is an issue with me but internal accounts in my Quicken Premier seem to all be updating as intended. It is the reporting back to me of these updates that seem to be the issue. (See Below). Respectfully submitted.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

Since the issue has returned, the next troubleshooting we will want to do is file-specific troubleshooting (since the previous troubleshooting would have fixed it if it were a connection issue, cloud issue, or cache issue).

I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• tgrue2
    tgrue2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I should have mentioned this before, but I validate my files every day after updating and have done this for the past few years. This gives me an updated validated file in addition to updated files in case of error. The One Step Update Complete file I copied above was done after the validation of the file before 5AM this morning.

It is now 2:45PM and I will follow the steps you outline above (validate and super validate).

Here is the list of all the files I update daily, the One Step Update Summary, the log of the validation and the log of super validation.

All coming back with the same results.

Let me know what else you might need.

There are actually 14 files showing in this One Step Update Setting but some accounts have more than one account attached to them. Some of these account like Citi, 1stBank and Merrill have 2 or 3 attached to one download transaction.

Let me know if you need anything else.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

If the Validate/Super Validate do not correct the issue, then the next step would be restoring a backup from before the issue started (if possible) and testing to see if the issue persists in the newly restored backup.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.