Attached file is not seen in both Accounts (Categories)

Options

When a transaction is created and a file is attached to the transaction the attachment is not seen in both accounts (categories). For example, a transaction is entered and a file is attached for Account A. When reviewing the transaction in Account B, the file is not seen. This has been verified by Quick Customer Service as to how the program functions for release (Version 53.16, Build 27.1.53.16).

Requesting other community users to agree with that this is illogical and causes the user to have to remember to attach the file to the transaction in Account B. Since there is only transaction, with the attachment that is shown in two accounts, the attached file should be able to be seen in both accounts.

Please attach your comments as this is a program change that is needed to be in the best interest of the user community.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please provide an example. What type of attachment attached to a transaction in one account would need to be attached to a different transaction in a different account also? When would this situation happen?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I believe the OP is missing the key word Transfer.

It would certainly be more space-efficient to have both sides of a transfer point to the same attachment rather than having to attach 2 copies if that's really the way you want to see it.

I'd be more likely to add a memo or note saying "See attachment on other side of transfer."

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, I look at this as the same as "Why isn't the memo in a transfer changed in on the other side of the transfer when I change it?" kind of question. There would certainly be differences of opinion of which way this should work.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • scdrew15
    scdrew15 Member
    Options

I agree there the attachment should be linked to both transactions. For example I have an HSA reimbursement account that I transfer transactions from my credit card or checking account. I would like the receipt to show when I click on the transaction in the credit card account as well as the HSA reimbursement account.

• Franklin D Davis
    Options

The example would be as in this order. (1) Enter a transaction in the Discover Credit Card Account that is the payment from the checking account. (2) attach the file, such as the statement since it is paid in full each month. (3) go to the checking account and see that the money is a payment to the Discover account, but the file that was attached is not there. This is where a transaction that has an attachment should be seen in both accounts - thus one attachment, on real transaction but show as a payment (credit) in one account (Discover), with a debit (payment) in the checking account for the payment. Create a test transaction in a test Quicken Classic and you will understand this request that the community has to express to have implemented.

This discussion has been closed.