Cleared transactions showing as not cleared

Options

Hi, I have Quicken for Windows subscription and use PNC bank. I have a check that shows as cleared on the PNC portal but as not cleared in my Quicken register. The transaction is more than 90 days old, so I can't delete it and re-download, since PNC will only download transactions from the past 90 days. Can you help? Thanks!

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You should be able to go to that transaction in the register, click on the Clr column for that transaction, and change the {blank} that's there to a "c" or "R."

Answers

• Tom Young
    Answer ✓
    Options

You should be able to go to that transaction in the register, click on the Clr column for that transaction, and change the {blank} that's there to a "c" or "R."

• Buffalo9
    Buffalo9 Member
    Options

Thanks, Tom. Is there a way to indicate that it's reconciled?

• Tom Young
    Options

Put an "R" in there.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would be cautious changing the transaction to Reconciled, given that it hasn't already got there.

Here is an example of what an uncleared transaction would look like when reconciling:

As you can see, the transaction is still displayed here, just without the green check mark in the Clr column. You will also see that I can't reconcile without it being selected. If you were able to reconcile without that transaction, and now mark it reconciled, most likely your next reconcile is going to fail because of this because the "Cleared Balance" in the next reconcile is going to include that transaction.

Note that if instead of changing the status to Reconciled you had selected Cleared, you would get this:

And again, whether this will reconcile or not depends on if that transaction really should be there or not.

One explanation for a transaction that is in your register that isn't cleared is that it was put in manually or with a reminder and never matched up with a downloaded one, and as such probably shouldn't have been in there in the first place or it is a duplicate transaction.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.