Quicken Windows - Seriously confused after Well Fargo Update

Options

I got the notice about the reauthorization needed for the Wells Fargo Update. I reauthorized. Then "One Step Update" showed two listings for Wells Fargo, the old and the new. And it again said I needed to reauthorize with Wells Fargo.

I deactivated online services for the Wells Fargo account. The old "One Step Update" listing went away. The new listing remains. I closed the Wells Fargo account in Quicken. But the Wells Fargo listing remains in "One Step Update." There was only one Wells Fargo account set up in Quicken. When I run "One Step Update," says it successfully updated the Wells Fargo account.

I deleted the Quicken authorization on the Wells Fargo website. But when I run "One Step Update," it says Wells Fargo updated successfully.

As I said, Quicken seems seriously confused and I have no idea how to proceed.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @BW_Wyo,

When One Step Update was showing 2 listings for Wells Fargo, that would indicate it was seeing two separate connections (either due to a different User ID with the financial institution or due to a different connection method in Quicken).

From your description of events, it sounds like the account may have gotten added as a new account or connected to an incorrect account when you went through the reauthorization process. That would explain why you saw two listings for Wells Fargo and were still getting the reauthorize prompt. That would also explain why closing the original account made only one of the listings vanish; Quicken still sees another account connected to Wells Fargo.

To find that other account, please go to Tools>Account List. Click the Show hidden accounts option, if available.

You should be able to see which financial institution Quicken thinks accounts are associated with by looking in the Financial Institution column. (Note: if you do not see the Financial Institution column, click on Options, then select show financial institution). If Quicken also sees the account as connected, then you'll see the word "yes" in the Transaction Download column (see sample image below).

Once you find that other Wells Fargo account, then you'll need to decide what action you want to take. If it connected to an existing (and incorrect) account, then you may need to restore a backup from before you went through the reauthorization process.

If it added it as a new account, then what you do next depends on your preferences. If you're fine with the history being in the original account and just using the new account for new information, then no further action may be needed. However, if you prefer for the account to be linked to the existing one, rather than existing as a separate account, since you said you closed the original account, you would need to restore a backup from before you went through the reauthorization process, then go through the process again, being careful to ensure the account gets linked up to the correct nickname in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.