Wells Fargo Update Multiple Accounts

Options

Hi,

Having trouble with the Wells Fargo update. Wife and I have multiple accounts. Some are shared on Wells Fargo online and some are not. It seems after the update I can only have the accounts for one or the other of us active in Quicken. For example, if I have access to accounts A,B and C on Wells Fargo online I can connect them all to Quicken. However, if my wife has access to accounts A, D and E, when I connect using her user name and password, I lose access to accounts B and C.

Best Answer

• 19Jake66
    19Jake66 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Kristina,

I used the Direct Connection method for one of the User IDs as you suggested. Seems to have worked. Thanks very much for your help!

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @19Jake66,

To troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide more information? When you are connecting the accounts, do all of the accounts show up under both User IDs when you are linking/relinking in Quicken? If that is the case, what might be happening is that Quicken is trying to connect everything under one User ID, which would cause the accounts that just have authorized user permissions under that ID to get disconnected due to the lack of permissions to download into Quicken. To combat that issue, when adding/linking accounts under each User ID, you would need to make sure that any accounts that belong under the other User ID are marked "Don't add to Quicken", to keep them from getting relinked under the wrong User ID.

If that is not what's happening, then what you may need to do to bypass this issue is backup your Quicken file, then use Direct Connect as the connection method for one of the User IDs. To do this, you would need to deactivate the accounts under the User ID that you want to switch to Direct Connect. Then go to Tools>Add Account, search for the financial institution, and select the Advanced Options link.

Once you click that link, it will bring up a window that lets you choose the connection to use. Select Direct Connect.

Once you've selected Direct Connect, click Next and follow the prompts, making sure to carefully link the accounts to the correct nicknames in Quicken. Note: You may need to authorize the connection on the financial institution's website. If that is needed, you will likely see a screen like the sample image below.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• 19Jake66
    19Jake66 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Kristina,

I used the Direct Connection method for one of the User IDs as you suggested. Seems to have worked. Thanks very much for your help!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear that got both User IDs connected and downloading.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.