Capital One CC New Transactions Not Downloading

Options

I update accounts one at a time. When I update Capital One everything connects and completes the update process but there are no new transactions. Last successful download was about a month ago. I have tried reset DTSTART, Adding new account for the same CC, opening a backup copy of my QDF file from 3 months ago. None of these are working. Could this be a problem on the bank's side? Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Scott Wheeler,

Are you receiving any error codes or messages? Are you not receiving any new downloads or are you sporadically missing transactions?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• KateD
    KateD Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here. Everything has been working great with my CapOne bank accounts for years, but I just got a CapOne credit card and I've tried everything. (Backups, resetting, re-adding, downloading statement data file from the bank site directly… The statement data download actually did provide all of the transactions, but nothing indicated that a One Step Update was actually working when connected to online services.) It says it's updated; it pulls the correct current balance; no transactions are downloaded and there is no "Online Balance" value below register. The One Step Update Summary says it was successful, but does not list the account as having been updated, there's no Last Download date at the top under the account name, and the Account List shows the last download as "Not Available".

Is it possible I just have to wait for the first full billing cycle before it will work?

• guido.kingvigor
    guido.kingvigor Member ✭✭
    edited January 21
    Options

I have the same issue after the last update R54.9 build 27,1,54.9 don 3 days ago!

When I update Capital One, everything connects and completes the update process, but there are no new transactions. The last successful download was about 3 days ago. I have tried resetting the account. Removed the link between capital on a quicken. Adding a new account with the same results. None are working. No error codes or messages. Help, please.

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Have you by chance tried rolling back to an older update version? I haven't yet but I may try next week on a backup file. I am running R54.9 and was thinking of rolling back to R53.26 (12/11) since my download problems started "around Xmas" and there was the 12/21 update that may have caused the issue? I was hoping the 1/19/24 update would fix that but it didn't. Last summer I had to wait about 3 months for an update that fixed a memo field report filter problem that updates after August created.

January 2024

December 2023

• Fred Dobbs
    Fred Dobbs Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue with Release R54.16. Quicken hasn't downloaded transactions from my Capital One card in over three weeks. Resetting and deactivation have no effect. Only thing that works is downloading file from the website.

• ChrisHolzapfel
    ChrisHolzapfel Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just here to say ditto! Capitol One CC transactions not downloading, no error messages

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

ChrisHolzapfel, Is the CC listed as Personal or Business in Quicken? I was having the same problem with two Capital One accounts and one American Express account. We couldn't find an answer with support and this went on for about 5 weeks and then I saw another thread that talked about changing credit card transactions that were marked as business but not downloading. I changed the display category from Business to Personal on the non functioning credit cards and then I reset the accounts on all three of them. After that, lo and behold, the downloads started to come through again. I'm not sure if that is what caused it or if I was just lucky but it might be worth a shot. It's fairly simple to try.

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe try what I said I did in the post but change them the other way? Might be that the change justs "breaks something lose" that is jammed up? I would experiment with mine except that since it is now working, I won't touch a thing until/if it breaks again. Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.