Quicken Mobile: Setup Problem

Options
JoelC
JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 23 in Using the Mobile App

I am using Quicken Mobile with Quicken for Windows and iOS.

I would greatly appreciate assistance with the following two problems:

i) Account Display: Quicken mobile is displaying separate accounts. How do I get Quicken mobile to not / stop displaying the separate accounts?

ii) Account Inclusion: Quicken mobile is displaying my personal credit card account but is not displaying my business credit card despite the fact that I have selected my business credit accounts in Quicken for Windows. These two accounts are the only accounts that are not displaying. What do I need to do to get them to display within Quicken Mobile for iOS?

Thank you.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

i) On Quicken Desktop deselect "separate" for that account(s), and then go to the Mobile & Web tab and deselect that account from the ones that are being synced. Then you can select "separate" again, and finish that with a sync to Mobile & Web.

ii) Not sure about this one.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW appreciate the response:

i) Awesome! Thank you! Worked like charm!

ii) Still in search of an answer on this one! I even tried deselecting / reselecting all accounts and no joy! Hopefully someone — Quicken Are You Reading This — will have an answer to this one!

Thank you!

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken or anyone, any idea how to solve this!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I will throw this out, at one point I know that certain account types were blocked from being synced because Web/Mobile didn't support them. So, that is a possibility. I didn't suggest it before because when I look at account types I know are blocked in Premier, they don't even show up in the list of accounts to be synced. For instance, in Quicken Windows US it will block any non-USD accounts. And in Quicken Windows Canadian it at least in the past blocked any non-CAD accounts. This was done because the Web/Mobile doesn't support multiple currencies. Note that it looks like when using Quicken Mac that it does support that, but that is just and artifact that Quicken Mac doesn't have true multiple currency support, and when syncing to Web/Mobile it just syncs numbers and ignores the currency.

Signature:
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW , good morning and thank you for your post noting:

i) I checked Quicken Web/Mobile and note that it DOES support (at least some) multiple currencies in that it shows both CAD (I live in Canada) and USD (I have USD investments).

ii) I checked Quicken Web/Mobile and note that it DOES show personal credit card accounts but DOES NOT show business credit card accounts. I would find it odd that it would display personal credit card accounts but not business credit card accounts.

iii) You may have answered the question in that business credit card accounts are not supported but it would be nice for someone from Quicken to deny / confirm this hypothesis.

@Quicken Anja or others, can you please assist and provide some insight (i.e., Are business credit card accounts supported by QUicken Web/Mobile? And, if yes, what is the fix to getting them to display in Quicken Web/Mobile?).

Thank you.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

A little more information to share.

I just spent 2 hours on the help line with Quicken.

I note that I changed the credit card accounts from business accounts to personal accounts and discovered that the credit card accounts then synced.

It was suggested by Quicken support that that Quicken Mobile/Web does not support credit card accounts.

Quicken: please jump in and provide a definite answer on this. Thank you!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja I would also like to know if Quicken Web/Mobile actually support multiple currencies now. I know that when they started out, they didn't (and that included Quicken Windows Canadian because I remember the complaints). I also know that currently Quicken Windows US is blocking syncing non-USD accounts. Quicken Windows US certainly shouldn't be the only one blocking this.

In fact, here it the Idea for it and it isn't marked implemented:

Signature:
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja please answer both my question (i.e., does Quicken Mobile/Web support business credit cards (as it appears not)) and @Chris_QPW question (i.e., does Quicken Mobile/Web support foeign accounts / currencies)?

Thank you.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja , please respond!

We would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you!

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja , asking again, can someone from Quicken please chime on both of the abiove questions; namely,

i) Does Quicken Mobile/Web support business credit cards (as it appears not to)?

ii) Does Quicken Mobile/Web support foreign accounts / currencies (as it appears to do so, at least for Canada)?

Thank you.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja , one last ask / bump!

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja once last attempt, please jump in here!

This discussion has been closed.