Error message when updating Wealthscape Investor

Options
JimDB
JimDB Member

When I do an update, I get the message that an error has occurred with Wealthscape Investor. I do get updates with some of the accounts, but not all. Recently the funds in one of my accounts were transferred to a new Wealthscape account. I added the new account, Quicken then connected to Wealthscape, and all of the funds downloaded to the new account. However, they are still showing up in the old account. There are no transactions in the old account that show the transfers. So now I have two accounts with the same funds. The transfers into the new account occurred on Oct 10, 2023. The old account does not show any transactions after Oct 2th. I tried to do a transaction in Quicken to transfer all of the funds, but then I had double in the new account. Quicken records the transfers as adding shares. One solution that I thought of would be to go into the old account and remove the shares one by one. But will this affect my cost basis? Or should I delete the new account and then add it manually and then transfer all of the funds? But if I do that, will I get double the funds the next time I do an update?

The error messages did not start at the time I added the new account. I had been getting them for a while now. But the accounts still updated even when the error message appeared.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.