Successfully authorized Wells Fargo accounts, but getting reauthorize prompt still

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Quicken Windows - Seriously confused after Well Fargo Update

Comments

• bgambrill
    bgambrill Member ✭✭
    Options

I sucessfully reauthorized the 4 accounts that I have with WF, 2 checking, a credit card and a HELOC.

When I do a One Step Update I continue to get a request to reauthorized the CC and HELOC.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @bgambrill,

The most common cause of repeated reauthorization prompts is if you have duplicate accounts or hidden accounts that are still connected via the old connection method.

When you reauthorized and reconnected your accounts, did the credit card and HELOC account possibly get added as new accounts rather than linked to the existing accounts? You can check that by going to Tools>Account List, click the Show hidden accounts checkbox, if available, and look to see if you have any extra Wells Fargo accounts.

If you have extra accounts connected that are inactive/closed and don't need to stay connected, you would want to backup your file and deactivate those accounts.

If you have duplicate accounts (eg the original account and a duplicate that got added as a new account), then you would need to backup your file, delete the duplicate accounts, deactivate the original accounts, then reconnect them by going to Tools>Add Account, and follow the prompts, being careful to link the accounts to the correct nicknames in Quicken.

Once you have followed the directions above to take care of any extra accounts, test to see if the issue with reauthorization prompts persists.

If you're not able to find any extra/duplicate accounts, then I would recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.