Bills & Income display always defaults to 14 day Reminder (edit)

Options

QW HB&R R50.15… although I think I noticed this behavior two or three updates ago (so, earlier in June)

The "Bills & Income" tab is always defaulting to the bills due in the next 14 days. I formerly had it set for the next 90 days.

If I change it to "Due in 90 days", it will only stay that way for the current Quicken session. If I exit Quicken, it will be back to 14 days the next time I start Quicken.

Admittedly, this is a minor annoyance compared with the much-more-frustrating issues of transaction downloads that break from time to time, but maybe this is something that can be easily fixed?

Screenshot below.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello again,

Thank you all for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This was mysteriously broken in a patch this spring and has yet to be resolved. It doesn't affect the overall function of the software, but is an annoyance every time you use it. It should be an easy fix but clearly is not their priority despite repeated calls.

Answers

• hansenchic
    hansenchic Member
    Options

Same issue here. Very annoying to me since I have reminders go off 25 days before due dates.

• M - N Putzer
    M - N Putzer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Agree, very annoying that defaults I had for years are now resetting.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team. Last, please add "Attn: CTP-7072" to the title/subject line.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

(CTP-7072)

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello again,

Thank you all for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

• ocfootballknut
    ocfootballknut Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. LONG time Quicken user and this is definitely an annoyance. When a credit card statement comes through the next payment is usually about 3 weeks away. Previously it showed up on my Bills & Payments screen, but now it doesn't until I switch the timeframe. Shouldn't have to do this every session. Not good, Quicken.

• xwing
    xwing Member
    Options

setting the default display should be available in preferences

• ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure that it should be in preferences.

I haven't been able to find it. If you see it there I wonder if you could be more specific?

• loilars
    loilars Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem. This was never a preference. It would stay on whatever you changed it to until you changed it again.

• RDCollins90254
    Options

Problem persists as of 7/24/23. Very annoying! Financial planning requires anticipating income and expenses for far more than 14 days, and for years I've had it set to either 60 to 90 days. Please fix this problem.

• Axe21
    Axe21 Unconfirmed, Windows Beta Beta
    edited July 2023
    Options

In true quicken fashion it's taking weeks to fix a break. Who even knows if they are addressing it??

• PeteLauria
    PeteLauria Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Agreed, this should be an easy fix to return to the way it used to be. We're not asking for something new that the programmers need to figure out. The original post is a month old already.

[Removed - Speculation] Please fix this.

• IAmTheJudgeOfNoOne
    Options

I noticed this several months ago(?) and keep forgetting to address it. I am still having this issue as of 7/30/23. Someone mentions it should be in preferences (Edit tab, Preferences), but I think they were just giving an opinion as where they would like to see it, not that it is there currently. I think once you set it at the top when in Bills & Income, it shouldbecome the default.

• jbulldog13
    jbulldog13 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here, ever since latest update this has been an issue. Please fix ASAP, very annoying. Who is testing these updates before they roll them out????

• binary512
    binary512 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

For the last month or so, the Bills & Income Screen always brings up bills due in the next 14 Days. The behavior in the past is that it would bring up the number of days that was last used. I like to see the bills due in the next 31 Days. Something has changed in the last month where this setting is no longer being saved. I am using Quicken for Windows R51.10 (27.1.51.10)

[Merged Post]

• rras70
    rras70 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

I used to be able to keep the last used setting for bill and income reminders, I always set it to 30 days and it would stay everytime I opened quicken but now it goes back to 14 days every time

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Anja
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @rras70,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

[Merged Post]

-Quicken Anja

• bhh
    bhh Member
    Options

same here, please fix.

• raymondtj
    raymondtj Unconfirmed
    Options

I have the same complaint. This is very annoying, and I would think it should be an easy fix (to put it back the way it was). Please, listen to your CUSTOMERS!!!

• jbulldog13
    jbulldog13 Member ✭✭
    Options

Latest update finally fixed this. Hopefully it will stay going forward.

• AllenK
    AllenK Member ✭✭
    Options

I see the comment that the latest update finally fixed this. No, not for me. There was an automatic update this morning, not one where I can select whether to update or not. I am now on the latest version, R51.12. This has NOT fixed the problem. To test it, I went into Quicken and found the default set at 14 days. I changed it to 30 days, which is the way I always had it set before this problem surfaced. Exited and saved my Quicken file. Went back in at found it reverted back to 14 days. No, not fixed for me.

• ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have the latest update installed. My version for Quicken Premier on Windows 10 is 51.12

It is NOT fixed.

• binary512
    binary512 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

R51.12 does not fix this problem. [Edited - Readability]

• jbulldog13
    jbulldog13 Member ✭✭
    Options

I can confirm that it doesn't fix it for when you close and open Quicken back up. It did fix it when you switch views and come back to it. This is still very annoying.

• wdwyatt
    wdwyatt Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Agree with the other posts - It is not fixed.
    This is an annoying back-step by the programming team, and not reverted for over 1 month now.
    In addition to losing our personal preference, many of us have nothing within the 14-day widow, so it's a un-helpful default. [Edited - Readability]

Quicken user since 1995 or so
  • jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Speculation/Rant]

• jbulldog13
    jbulldog13 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant]

• John Curran
    John Curran Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant]

• wdwyatt
    wdwyatt Member ✭✭
    Options

I was as frustrated as most of you about this.

But a couple weeks ago I was invited to talk with Product and Marketing Managers at Quicken, who gave me the opportunity to spill my guts about the recent frustrations and disappointments with Quicken bill-payment systems, which many of us had seen as a very reliable tool until recent years. I was encouraged by their acknowledgment of their shortcomings, and promises/commitments to get Quicken back to that position of top-shelf reliability.

With respect to this issue, and my prior comments above, I’ve now learned that this setback was deliberate in order to reduce the likelihood of a crash when opening that screen, and it was intended to be temporary as they continue to work on a more robust version.

SO......I’m pleased to hear that a) this issue it wasn’t another oversight or programming change made without understanding the impact on users, and b) they seem truly willing to get back on track for us. They say they have a plan, and I’m willing to extend the benefit (for a while) to let them have a chance to fix it. And I no longer feel I’m shouting at an solid wall.

Quicken user since 1995 or so
  • ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to share this with other users. It is appreciated.

• johng318m5
    johng318m5 Member ✭✭
    Options

Continued annoyance - hopefully they correct this in a future update.