No support for errors when converting from Mac to Windows

Options
jeberhard
jeberhard Member ✭✭

I know the issues with Mac to Windows conversions have been going on a while and there seems to be no resolution posted online so after a year of trying alternatives and not liking any of them I want to try and get everything moved to Windows but I still receive the "Import Failed" error with no log files to see what went wrong. So I decided to chat with support to see if they could provide me with any troubleshooting.

Well of course that was useless because Randy wanted me to upgrade to the latest MacOS. Well if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have bought a new Win11 laptop. I clearly pointed out that the support article says nothing about OS version and that Quicken versions back to 2007 are supported.

Not really impressed if Quicken is leaving their paying customers out to dry with no way to troubleshoot or resolve this issue other than "upgrade to latest OS" statements.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jeberhard,

The Support Agent that you spoke with was correct. To convert your file from Mac to Windows, you will need the latest Mac version for compatibility purposes.

I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jeberhard
    jeberhard Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine

Thanks for the response, I'm sure the agent was correct but my complaint was more at your policy where you stop support for a product and don't allow users to migrate off and only say "upgrade to latest OS". Well if I had a Mac that could run the latest OS I would, but I don't, I have a Windows 11 box now but your product and support is completely useless to me now.

And as I pointed out to the support agent yesterday - this exact issue has been going on for years and is well documented in these forums, this is nothing new. I've personally been dealing with it for a year after you announced MacOS 10.15 would be required for any future Quicken upgrades.

This discussion has been closed.