Downloaded transactions: Re-edit renaming rule (update rule/create new rule) and reverts to original

Options
Tom T
Tom T Member ✭✭

Hi,

When I download transactions, Quicken is suggesting a payee. However, for instance for my regular checking account, Quicken often/usually suggest the wrong payee. When I try to correct this, Quicken asks if I want to "Edit Renaming Rule" with the option to "update rule" or "create new rule."

Often times though, Quicken will revert back to the originally suggested payee, and I can't figure out how to stop this. I have tried saying yes to the options, cancel or just "x." It is frustrating because it does this and records the wrong payee, causing me to have to go and find the transaction I just entered and fix it. I feel like I have tried every option and yet this continues to happen. It is very inefficient.

Help! Thanks! Tom

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Tom T,

To assist with this issue, I recommend you check your settings for downloading transactions. To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>Downloaded Transactions. You may want to make sure Automatically apply Quicken's suggested name to payee is not selected and make sure Automatically create rules when I rename payees is not selected.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.