How can I delete old data files on my Quicken mobile app for iOS?

Options
pbpanzer
pbpanzer Member ✭✭
edited January 17 in Using the Mobile App

A month ago I accessed two old and inactive saved data files on my Windows 10 PC - from 2018 and 2006 - in order to retrieve some info from them, and now those are the data files referenced on my Quicken mobile as if they are current. These now include a mix of old and recent financial account data. My current 2021-2023 data file is fine on my PC, using Quicken Classic Deluxe version R53.26. How do I start over with Quicken mobile so that its contents are strictly from my current Quicken Classic Deluxe data file?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @pbpanzer,

To get rid of those unwanted files showing up on Quicken mobile, you will need to delete the cloud accounts associated with those files using your Quicken for Windows program (you cannot delete them using the app). To do that, make sure that you are in your current Quicken file in Quicken for Windows. Go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts.

You should see a blue link near the bottom that says "Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#)". Click on that link. Note: If you do not see that link, it means you have Sync turned off. You would need Sync turned on to see that link. To turn it on, you would go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web, and click the switch next to the word Sync, then click OK and navigate back to Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts.

When you click that link, it will populate a list of your cloud accounts.

The Cloud Account Name with the * by it is the one you are currently in. You cannot delete the cloud account you are currently in. You would want to find the cloud accounts for the older files you do not want visible in the mobile app. Click one of those accounts to highlight it. Once it is highlighted, click the Delete button. It will bring up a confirmation screen. Type "yes" in the textbox, then click the Delete button.

Repeat this process for any other unwanted files showing up on your mobile app.

Once you complete that process, those files should no longer be visible in the mobile app. You might need to log out and back into the app for the change to take effect.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @pbpanzer,

To get rid of those unwanted files showing up on Quicken mobile, you will need to delete the cloud accounts associated with those files using your Quicken for Windows program (you cannot delete them using the app). To do that, make sure that you are in your current Quicken file in Quicken for Windows. Go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts.

You should see a blue link near the bottom that says "Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#)". Click on that link. Note: If you do not see that link, it means you have Sync turned off. You would need Sync turned on to see that link. To turn it on, you would go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web, and click the switch next to the word Sync, then click OK and navigate back to Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts.

When you click that link, it will populate a list of your cloud accounts.

The Cloud Account Name with the * by it is the one you are currently in. You cannot delete the cloud account you are currently in. You would want to find the cloud accounts for the older files you do not want visible in the mobile app. Click one of those accounts to highlight it. Once it is highlighted, click the Delete button. It will bring up a confirmation screen. Type "yes" in the textbox, then click the Delete button.

Repeat this process for any other unwanted files showing up on your mobile app.

Once you complete that process, those files should no longer be visible in the mobile app. You might need to log out and back into the app for the change to take effect.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• pbpanzer
    pbpanzer Member ✭✭
    Options

Perfect! Thank you.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear that resolved the issue.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.