Constant reauthorize prompts for Wells Fargo account that's already been reauthorized

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Wells Fargo Reauthorize Doesn't Work

Comments

• rbmagee
    rbmagee Member ✭✭
    Options

Wells Fargo repeatedly tells me that all accounts have been authorized for the new method. Quicken repeatedly tells me that one of the three accounts isn't authorized. I go back to Wells Fargo and the checked boxes I previously all authorized remain checked and unavailable to me unless I want to change my preferences, and I don't. Quicken then says I must have the Joint Checking account reauthorized, but it already is. It isn't my browser, it's something in Quicken that fails to recognize an authorized account, while it recognizes the other two.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @rbmagee,

The most common cause of repeated reauthorization prompts is if you have a duplicate account or a hidden account that is still connected via the old connection method.

When you reauthorized and reconnected your accounts, did the Joint Checking account possibly get added as new account rather than linked to the existing account? You can check that by going to Tools>Account List, click the Show hidden accounts checkbox, if available, and look to see if you have any extra Wells Fargo accounts.

If you have extra accounts connected that are inactive/closed and don't need to stay connected, you would want to backup your file and deactivate those accounts.

If you have a duplicate account (eg the original account and a duplicate that got added as a new account), then you would need to backup your file, delete the duplicate account, deactivate the original account, then reconnect it by going to Tools>Add Account, and follow the prompts, being careful to link the account to the correct nickname in Quicken.

Once you have followed the directions above to take care of any extra accounts, test to see if the issue with reauthorization prompts persists.

If you're not able to find any extra/duplicate accounts, then I would recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• KEH
    KEH Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Quicken has now had me do the Wells Fargo reauthorization 5 times. Every time I start Quicken, it prompts me to do it again. How do I end this cycle?

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @KEH,

The most common cause of repeated reauthorization prompts is if you have a duplicate account or a hidden account that is still connected via the old connection method. You can check that by going to Tools>Account List, click the Show hidden accounts checkbox, if available, and look to see if you have any extra Wells Fargo accounts.

If you have extra accounts connected that are inactive/closed and don't need to stay connected, you would want to backup your file and deactivate those accounts.

If you have a duplicate account (eg the original account and a duplicate that got added as a new account), then you would need to backup your file, delete the duplicate account, deactivate the original account, then reconnect it by going to Tools>Add Account, and follow the prompts, being careful to link the account to the correct nickname in Quicken.

Once you have followed the directions above to take care of any extra accounts, test to see if the issue with reauthorization prompts persists.

If you're not able to find any extra/duplicate accounts, then I would recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• KEH
    KEH Member
    Options

thanks.

• ORMG
    ORMG Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

[Removed - Disruptive/Rant]

This discussion has been closed.