the Rental Property Management function is still only available for Windows users?

Options
ebluewhite
ebluewhite Member ✭✭

Hi

I would like to check if the Rental Property Management function is still only available for Windows users.

Thanks!

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is correct, and only for Quicken Windows US, not Quicken Windows Canadian.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ebluewhite
    ebluewhite Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for confirm! It's really a pity. I thought this newest version of Quicken Classic Business and Personal for Mac had all functions.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No, they are just at the start, and will be building up features over time.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@ebluewhite Gotta start somewhere! 😉 Quicken's approach (at least on the Mac side), is to develop the minimum functionality needed to be useful, release it, keep working on adding more features while simultaneously listening to feedback from the early adopters, and continue to release new iterations with ever more functionality. So what they just released is, as Chris said, just the first step in adding the core infrastructure and some limited business features. The alternative to releasing something not yet fully-featured is to release nothing while continuing to work on the design and programming in the lab for another 6 months or year or 18 months. Their philosophy is to release it in stages, because it can start helping some users immediately even though it doesn't yet fulfill everyone's needs. It also give them the opportunity to discover and address bugs and design changes along the way, rather than having to make extensive changes after releasing everything at once.

The Powers that Be at Quicken have said in multiple places that there will definitely be more, such as invoicing, coming in the future. I don't think we know yet if they will be adding the rental property management functionality as well, but since they know many people use Quicken for that purpose, I'd think it's likely they will.

The Quicken Mac product manager said about upcoming development work on business features: "The first addition will be Invoicing functionality, along with other changes, such as mileage tracking improvements, introducing cash vs accrual reporting, and more."

She added: " Please let us know what new features are most important to you and what improvements to the existing functionality you would like to see. That would help Quicken Mac team to work on the right priorities."

You can post a reply to @Quicken Victoria in the thread where she posted…

… or create a new thread asking for the Quicken Mac development team to add rental property functionality to the Business & Personal features. It helps if you spell out in some detail what functionality you would be looking for. (I'm not familiar with the Windows version, so I'm no help here, but the developers like to see something more than "make it like Windows" — tell them what functionality you use/like/need for managing your rental properties.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.