Fidelity Accounts Not Downloading Transactions (No Errors)

Options

We have 2 Fidelity Investments IRA accounts with separate logins. Since about mid-November 2023, no new transactions have been downloaded in Quicken (Windows, Classic), although the Fidelity web site lists several actions for each account that should have been downloaded. One step update (Direct Connect) does not indicate any errors. A reset of an account has no effect. Is this a known problem? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jwschmidt,

This sounds like there could be an issue between the connection with Fidelity and Quicken.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Kuranda
    Kuranda Member ✭✭
    Options

"-Quicken Jasmine",

I tried your suggested steps 1-9 in your December 2023 post. It did not fix the problem for me.

I am running:
    "release "R53.32"  "Quicken  Premier Win 10 Home"   updated on December 21, 2023.
    OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version: 10.0.19045 Build 19045

My log of daily attempts to update my Fidelity Investments in Quicken.

12/21 updated successfully Fidelity Investments
    12/22 updated successfully Fidelity Investments
    12/26 FAILED
    12/27 FAILED
    12/28 updated successfully Fidelity Investments [started working again]
    12/29 updated successfully Fidelity Investments
    12/30 updated successfully Fidelity Investments
    01/01 updated successfully Fidelity Investments
    01/02 updated successfully Fidelity Investments
    01/03 updated successfully Fidelity Investments
    01/04 updated successfully Fidelity Investments
    01/05 FAILED
    01/06 FAILED
    01/07 FAILED
    01/08 FAILED
    01/09 FAILED
    01/10 FAILED
    01/11 FAILED
    01/12 FAILED
    01/13 FAILED
    01/14 FAILED

After 10 (ten) consecutive days of failure to update, I turn to you for the current information from Quicken. From my other posts, you can see that in April of last year, "Tiffany" helped get a fix that sometimes worked for me.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Kuranda,

Due to the length of time that you have been experiencing this issue, I suggest contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.