Quicken updated this morning, now freezes on one step update

Options

I've been ignoring the update but today quicken updated itself and now it does not complete the onestep update and I have to use cntrl+alt+delete to get out of it. Help.

Comments

• Wichita Lineman
    Options

I've been having this issue since 11/23, my last successful OSU. I've unchecked all my financial institutions then uploading one by one. The only thing that still works for me are my Fidelity accounts that update successfully as the only financial institution checked on OSU. Adding Discover, Elan, Chase, BOA, etc. to PSU freezes program. Can't update any of those accounts even if I try via the gear icon in the individual ledger. Resetting freezes program as well. Then I disconnected Discover for example and tried to reconnect. Quicken was able to communicate with Discover and recognize the accounts. Then I linked to existing and that froze the program. I've used Quicken since late 80's and it's never been this bad!

• Wichita Lineman
    Options

Quicken Kristina: You may want to merge this with the new post regarding OSU and use some of my info.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @sonyaf77,

If the issue started immediately after updating the program, the most likely causes are either the patch not installing correctly, or a file specific issue.

To troubleshoot this issue, first, backup your Quicken file. Then try re-installing the update. You can use this link to download and install the update.

If the issue persists after re-installing the update, then you would want to check for file specific issues. The first step for file specific troubleshooting is to Validate/Super Validate your file. To do that, please follow these steps:

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.