Duplicate eBill entries in Bills & Income (Q Mac)

Options

If I schedule an eBill series with a $0.00 amount, the eBill is duplicated in the Bills & Income list, but not in the transaction register. If I change the scheduled amount to $0.01, it is not duplicated in either location. There must be a bug in the software that duplicates the $0.00 eBill entry in Bills & Income. (I use the $0.00 amount as a reminder of a potential bill looking ahead in a transaction register.)

Quicken Mac Subscription, Quicken user since 2005

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @compusol,

When did you first notice this issue? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What exactly occurs when creating the eBill series?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• compusol
    compusol Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I only started setting up eBills a few weeks ago, and tried a $0.00 scheduled series the first time last week. Just as with any other new eBill, I set up a scheduled series using the +New Bill button. At first I ignored the duplicate entry as an anomaly until I tried setting up a second series at $0.00 with the same result. I found that changing the amount to $0.01 would eliminate the dupe. I experimented by modifying two of my existing eBill series from their existing >0 amounts to $0.00 and they immediately showed dupes in the Bills & Income listing, too. There are no error codes shown, nor do the duplicate entries show in transaction registers, just the Bills & Income listing. It's a minor, but weird gremlin!

I'm using Quicken Classic Deluxe (Mac) Version 7.4.2 on macOS 14.1.2. Hope that helps.

Quicken Mac Subscription, Quicken user since 2005
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This doesn't appear to be a problem with scheduled transactions, I have several of those with an amount of $0.00 and they aren't duplicated. So whatever is happening is unique to eBills.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I have observed the same problem where one of the entries represents the payment transaction and the other represent the receipt of the payment, for instance to a credit card. I have not seen that to be an issue and simply apply .01 to the bank payment transaction and all is well. I don't see it as a bug and not even an inconvenience.

This discussion has been closed.