Fidelity Reauthorize Incorrectly Linking to Accounts

Options
jpholmes
jpholmes Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭

I received the notice that Fidelity needs to reauthorize my accounts. However when I do that, Quicken is incorrectly trying to link my investment/retirement accounts to my non-Fidelity checking or credit card accounts. When I select the 'Link Account' option, my investing accounts are not listed as options to link to. I'm not sure how to link these correctly if they are not listed. All of my accounts have been in Quicken for years now.

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jpholmes,

Which financial institution is your Fidelity accounts attempting to link to?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jpholmes
    Options

Citibank, Wells Fargo, Chase

• RPSMG
    RPSMG Member
    Options

Same here.

It is trying to link an IRA to a savings account at another bank. A brokerage account to a savings account at a different bank. And it has no idea what to do with my Roth and the options to link it don't list the original Fidelity accounts.

The Fidelity credit card, on the other hand, did link correctly.

• RPSMG
    RPSMG Member
    Options

I selected Do Not Add To Quicken for the investment accounts and only accepted the link for the credit card. The next update correctly pulled transactions from all Fidelity accounts. Maybe the reauthorize was only for the credit card with the rest to come later?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jpholmes and @RPSMG,

Which connection method were you on before attempting to reauthorize (Direct Connect or Express Web Connect)?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• RPSMG
    RPSMG Member
    Options

Direct Connect

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @RPSMG,

Are your Fidelity Credit Card account(s) linked correctly and properly downloading now?

As far as the investment account(s) go, we currently have an active alert regarding users being unable to reauthorize and link their Fidelity investment accounts. For the time being, users are requested to keep their Fidelity investment accounts connected via Direct Connect which should not cause any issues. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it for all future updates.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• RPSMG
    RPSMG Member
    Options

Yes, my credit card is linked correctly. The reauthorization prompt screen had made it seem like it was only going to link the credit card, so when the rest of the accounts showed up, it was a little confusing. But I just ignored them and only linked the credit card and everything is working fine. I assume at some point I'll get a new prompt for the investment accounts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @RPSMG,

I am happy to hear that your credit card is linked correctly and properly downloading.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

• jpholmes
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine Fidelity credit card is via Express Web connect. The IRA, Investment, and 401K accounts are direct connect. The Fidelity credit card has the correct option to link in Quicken, but the other accounts do not show any options to select for linking. The Fidelity Credit card was correctly linked and is downloading properly.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jpholmes,

Thank you for coming back to share more information.

Please follow and bookmark the link shared in my previous posting as it details the issue that you are experiencing and is where you will be able to remain up to date on any further information.

I apologize for the inconvenience!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.